Ch. 21: Wide Awake

~Christina's PoV~ 

When I wake up, I'm alone in a room. The lights are so white and blinding that it takes what feels like forever just to be able to open them. I call out for Jen, but my voice is hoarse and it seems as those my throat has turned into gravel. "Jen..." I call out again, but I don't get a reply. 

I begin to try to lift myself up. How long have I been out? There are no windows in the perfectly square room and only a metal door with bars. It feels like I'm in some kind of prison. I can barely manage to get to my feet, but when I do, my head starts spinning. I barely realize what's happening when my cheeks start to feel the warm contrast of tears against my cool skin. 

I begin to walk by holding myself up against the walls and try to bang as hard as I can from corner to corner repeatedly calling out for my mom. I hope she's okay. I hope we make it out of this alive. I don't know what I would do if at least Jen didn't. 

"Christina! Christina!" I hear Jen call. I run to the door to try to see her, but i fall to my knees. I place my already freezing hands on the cold bars that separate me from freedom, but to my surprise the door opens- only there's no one behind it. Then I see Jen running toward me with happiness flowing from her eyes. All my strength manages to come back and I run toward my safety. As I begin to wrap my arms around her, she vanishes into thin air. "No!" I scream long and drawn out. I scream over and over and over again until what seemed like brightness turned to dark. 

But then, it became light again. 

.

A/N: The shortest chapter of them all? Is this me coming out of hiatus? I just wanted to tease you guys a little bit ;) What do you guys think is happening? Also it's 4:14am lol. Anyway life updates, I just graduated!1! I love being an adult *nervous laughter* What do you guys think is happening in the story??? What da heck is happening to Christina??? Where's Jen??