[ 22 ]

"Answer me, Donghyuck. Or maybe Mark here could answer me."

Donghyuck just gulps, he didn't know what to say although he could just say the truth. It's hard to tell the truth when his best friend was eyeing him down. If looks could kill both Mark and Donghyuck would be dead. Especially, Mark.

"Okay Chenle, Mark is 'hot older boy' on my phone and yes I know you seen some of our not so innocent conversations but we haven't ...um we really didn't - we didn't do anything."

"Why are you lying to me? I know when you lie Donghyuck. You can't fool me."

"We really didn't do anything, maybe you should chill. You aren't his dad anyway." Mark says.

"Excuse you? I'm his best friend and I just want the best for him."

"The best for me? Really? What is the best for me then, Chenle? Why can't you just let me be happy?"

"Because hyuck, he's older than you. You're just a kid, and he's legal. That's wrong on so many levels, what part don't you understand?"

"I'm 16 Chenle, 16! I'm not a kid. Mark is a great person, so who cares about how old he is? Age is nothing but a number."

"Do you hear yourself right now? What has gotten into you?"

"Do you hear him? He's happy, and if you were really his best friend you'd at least try to understand him weather you agree with him or not. Do you hear yourself?" Mark says while folding his arms.

"I don't need you downing me as his best friend. Because regardless of how much I love him I care for him a lot and what's wrong is wrong. You and Donghyuck just can't communicate no more. It's wrong. Either you guys stop or I will make you stop."

"But why, why do we have to stop communicating? Because you say so? Just because you don't agree with it shouldn't determine weather I should stop communicating with him."

"I can't believe you Donghyuck, you're becoming just like this boy."

"His name is Mark, and how would you know if I'm becoming like him? You don't even know him and I'd wish you would at least get to know him first."

"He could be the best person in the world but for the last time what's wrong, is wrong."

"I can't believe you Chenle!"

"What's going on here? The costumers are complaining." Donghyuck's mom asks.

"I'm glad you came because I think you might want to know what your son here is doing."

"What do you mean Chenle?"

Mark looks at Donghyuck, he notices the worry in his eyes and he feels bad for him. He wished that there was something that he could do, but with a person like Chenle there was absolutely nothing that he could do.

"He's communicating inappropriately with an older boy. He's even hanging out with him, and I don't feel it's right. I only want the best for him, Ms.Lee."

"Is that so?" She asks looking sternly at Donghyuck.

"Yes mom." Donghyuck says lowly looking at the ground.

"And is he at least in high school?"

"N-no, he's in college."

"Really?"

"Y-yes."

"I'm very disappointed in you, is this him?" His mom asks looking at Mark.

"Yes, ma'am it is. I apologize for speaking such way with your son."

"Yeah you should be sorry, my son is 16 years are you aware?"

"Yes, I am."

"You should be disgusted with yourself. How the hell do you even live with yourself knowing that you are talking inappropriately with a high school student?"

"I know and I'm sorry."

"You're nothing but a filthy pig."

"Mom!"

"No, it's okay Donghyuck." Mark says.

"Maybe, you should leave and never come back. I don't want you around my son, understood?"

"Yes, ma'am." Mark says sparing one last look at Donghyuck and exiting the store.

"Now that he's gone get to work we will talk when your shift is over. Thank you Chenle for letting me know this" she says walking away afterwards.

"I hope you're happy."

"Donghyuck, I was just trying to hel-"

"Don't say you were trying to help me, because you didn't help me. I hate you Chenle!"

"You don't mean that."

Donghyuck breathes in and blinks to prevent the tears from falling.

"Yes, yes I do mean it."

"Glad to know."

"I'm glad too."

-
I'm sorry..