9

Inspector Gina Gadget

"What'chu running off, De?"

Sighing, I lean back in my chair feeling my throat grow dry. "Shiiiit, 'bout three or four." I reach across my styrofoam container filled with a Philly Cheesesteak from Gio's for my Lemonade. You know it's bomb if it's from Gio's. "Yeahhh, I'm on probably 'bout three to fo'."

"Hours," questions Seuss.

"Nah, nigga... seconds." He deserves my sarcasm. Don't ask me no stupid ass question like that. Looking at the soundboard, I think back to the first time Nel let me hit. I ain't never been in nobody wetter. Thinking about it got my dick jumping and she not even here.

Seuss rocks in his chair. I'm waiting on Chonita, Missy, and LaShawn to come lay their backing vocals. "Where everybody at?" He stands up to throw away his cup. Usually, I'd have this whole thang filled to the brim– not today.

"I'm not in the mood for all that shit. I don't know when Nel gone pop up or none of that. I already had to deal with Kim and Tiara being all in my face. I got one strik–" A loud banging on the door alarms me to send my hand directly to my .9 that rests on my hip. "Who the fuck at the door," I ask with my  mental alarms completely set off.

The banging continues except this time, a voice follows behind with it. "DeVante, open the door." Scrunching my brows, I look over at my boy. He looks almost as confused as I. He's also not as annoyed. "Open the damn door!" The banging gets louder. I don't got no other choice but to open it. I know who it is, I just don't know what the fuck she want.

"Gone and open the door, man." I sigh running my hand down my face. Shit, all I'm trying to do is eat and finish this session. Don't ask me why the fuck she popping up like some unwanted ass popcorn hoe because I don't know and nor do I care.

Seuss points at the door even more perplexed than he already was. "It's unlocked."

"This bitch..." I grumble swinging my knees. "The door is open! While you bangin' and shit, twist the fuckin' knob!"

Aye, man... I'm not no rude dude, you feel me? It's just, when a motherfucka' stay on yo' jock while you trying to handle your business, you gone get a little irate, you know what I'm saying? The girls is late, I already told them I got shit to do tonight and I'm not staying in here all night like usual. Now, this dumb broad out here banging on my door like she ain't got no sense. First off, it's unlocked. Second off, why is you here?

Gina steps in with an attitude from head to toe. It's something about these Uptown girls, they swear they shitting diamonds but still got hoodrat standards and tendencies. Ain't that 'bout a bitch? Humble yo'self, ma. You want a motherfucka' to praise you like you the queen as if you ain't been ran through like some hoe at the Bristol.

She says, "We need to talk."

"Hi, how you doing? You need to speak before you come in here making orders."

Gina sighs folding her arms across her chest. "Hi, DeVante." Shifting her weight to the opposing foot, her eye roll kicks up my nerve-o-meter. She testin' me. "We need to–"

"Hol' up, speak to everybody. You don't see Seuss sitting right here?"

"Hi, Seuss," She mumbles.