31

Olive Hue

"Give me another one."

DeVante passes me the box, bringing my large gallon of spring water to his lips. I need something to drink in here. I have to keep my bladder full... I'm on box number three. "You can take all the test you want, Nel. We got the fifteen dollars ones and the fives. They all positive."

Though some negatives appeared, every test from the box in his hand produced a positive.

"I– I just wanna' make sure it's legit before I get excited."

He laughs, still drinking from the bottle, as he sits down on the edge of the bathtub. "It's legit, Nel. You want me to say it again?" I drop the toilet seat lid and sit on top of it. He takes my hand and holds onto it, looking me in the eye. Still laughing he says to me, "It's legit, baby."

I don't know how to react.

I don't know what to say. What do I do? Do I cry, do I scream? Am I mad or am I scared? Look at how ecstatic I am! Look at how disappointed I am in myself, I said I'd be married first. Then again, I knew I'd be walking on lava the moment DeVante practically threw his box of condoms out. Birth control helps prevent pregnancies but it does not stop them. Only you can stop yourself from getting pregnant. Please, please, please remember that, ladies.

"Stop laughing, why are you laughing," I whine.

" 'Cause I'm happy! Niggas can't be excited?" Still laughing– he hasn't stopped– DeVante brings me up to my feet. "That's me up in there... tell me that ain't crazy." The way he looks at my abdomen is something I've never experienced. I'm barely at the point of any kind of growth, I have no idea how many weeks I am. If I had to guess I'd say somewhere beneath five? Yet, he's got this look in his eye. I'll never forget this look in his eyes.

"Why do I feel like I know which time got me here..."

His fingers press into my waist. A flame of lust is flickered as a sensual thought reminds me of the night he tricked him. Yeah, I tricked him. I didn't think it'd work at first but somehow, the angels of sex decided to work in my favor with the partnership of deception. My goal was achieved that night. I wish I could remember the exact date. It'd go under one of the best orgasms yet on my calendar because it's something I had never in my life felt before. I think it was because I was on top, things are different when you're in charge. Everything suddenly feels better.

"Baby, please, they're just handcuffs!"

"No, Nel, you not cuffin' me!" His arms fight against their restrained will. The flexing of his veins on full display exploit his true effort and annoyance, evoking a particular sereum to oozes from my body that very few have been allowed to taste. Grabbing him by the base, I ignore his loud complaints and slide down. The look in his eyes suddenly changes. "Ai'ight, shit take control 'den..." He says with the raising of his right eyebrow and a small laugh.

See, I know what I'm doing.

If he wasn't so strung up on dominance and the fear of being temporarily constricted, it would've started out smooth. I don't have a kink for being tied up but once I really get going the way I want to, it's almost never a time that he'll just let me do what I got to do. He always has to flip me over, change positions, and throw everything I did back in my face. Let me make you moan from on top... it's different than doing it from the bottom and he knows it. He's scared of what I'll do. That's why it all flows back to the ancient, infamous question I know we all remember me asking him: How come you never let me ride?