11

Donald's Interlude

"If you brought her here to fight me, you're fucked up."

I take my hood off my head allowing a little bit of snow to fall on the restaurant's tiles. "I remember you. You're the girl De muffed right?"

"My name's Gina," She says slightly annoyed. "And you're Lyric, you don't have to say it...."

I shrug knowingly, "Yup." Of course she knows who I am. I mean, let's be real, there aren't a lot of people who don't. I still introduce myself out of respect but homegirl's got a stick up her ass so I'll let her stay on that side of the table.

"The girl who likes to watch her nigga put his hands on women," She snaps.

A pregnant woman next to her, who's safely a candidate to be labeled Vita, sticks her hand out. "I need you to chill on all that," She quietly exclaims to her people. "Look, for real, we don't want to cause any trouble. I know the two of you don't want to be in the tabloids and I'm too damn pregnant to be stressing." My shock in how literate her tone comes off as is apparent on my face. Not gone lie, I was expecting a Gina #2. "De, the baby's yours. End of discussion. Bringing your girl up here– Who's Lyric, it's cute how the both of y'all failed to mention that," She snarls at Gina snd De before getting clean back on topic. "She don't got to be here because it's nothing to talk about."

"Yeah she here, what now?" He nonchalantly shrugs. Once again, we got De.... not giving a shit. "You not 'bout to sit here and tell me that you carrying my kid then turn around and say we ain't got shit to talk about." My eyes slightly turn to catch a glimpse of his side profile.

Gina replies, "It's not. I don't know feel comfortable discussing me and my sister business in front of a stranger."

Vita's eyes shoot to me as she sends an alarming look. "No disrespect," She quickly interjects.

DeVante makes sure there is a clenched jaw is on full display as tensions rise. "It don't fuckin' matter because you not the one with somebody fuckin' Cinnabon baking in they oven. So stay right over there and shut the fuck up."

"De, chill out," I quietly say placing my hand on his thigh.

"Right. Nigga, shut the fuck u–"

I point my index finger's tip in the direction of Gina's big mouth ass. "What we're not about to do is this." She's out of her damn mind talking to him like that. What Gina's going to do is awake a bull she has to be familiar with. Something about her tells me that she like to see him that. Well guess what, I don't and I'm not letting that happen. Oh no, not while Ms. Nelly is here. "You see me checkin' him and you're still provoking him. That shit's not cool."

"What's not cool is you walking up in here like a bougie ass, all praise-the-most-high ass, mediator when this don't got shit to do with you."

Vita sighs looking at her sister with only the most annoyed looks of all. "Gina, you need to stop."

"Yeah, get her before she get her ass smacked in the mouth," says De.

Gina's face contorts into a rough mug when Vita's elbow hits her in the ribs. That puts Gina's mouth to sleep as soon as possible. "Please excuse my stupid ass sister," Vita groans rolling her eyes. "As I was trying to say.... De, we had sex and a lot of it. All the way up until August, I mean.. come on. Don't front in front of your girl. You did wrong and now we got to face the facts."

"I highly doubt that," I politely say.

Gina interjects quickly. It looks like ma is quick to jump in first chance given. "Aren't you from Chicago? How would you know playing heads and tails between states?"