52

Flip The Switch

"Fuck! Deeper, baby— Ooh, deeper!"

Groaning, I cover my face with my hands as the light is a shock to my already overwhelmed system. My breathing climbs in its patterns as I stare at DeVante. A series of emotions flowing through my veins, I feel my blood burning as it travels throughout my body until it reaches a pulsing vein in my neck. "De, what are you doing?" I ask, sitting up in the bed to get a clear view at him. My eyes come across the screen of our bedroom's televsion. "You have got to be kidding me."

She's got a latin feel to her appearance, her facial appearance. The hips of the woman scream black, her breast scream blonde... both look as if they were purchased. I know I should clarify what I am referring to considering the fact that her vagina is clearly the star of her kind of industry. The woman's bent over the edge of an old vintage couch as a white man rams himself in and out of her at a consistent unorthodox pace. Her screams and cries are annoying as they get louder by the second. I can guarantee what he is doing does not feel as good as she is making it seem. His unsteady rhythm bothers me. Nothing about it is appealing in the slightest of ways. My eyes lower to the edge of the bed, the place where DeVante sits in a relaxed manner with a blunt, a blunt that I rolled and not your local aspiring back up singer, watching the pornographic media as if it were a regular episode of Family Matters.

He turns to look at me. "What it look like I'm doing," he says, motioning back to the television.

My head cocks to the side. "Okay, should I be offended right now..." I trail off into a state of inquiry. The clock on top of the big screen. According to the clock, I've only been sleep for two hours. That would mean DeVante and I just had sex another two hours ago. He's still in his boxers and everything.

"Why would you be offended?"

He laughs, throwing me the kind of expression that would make me think that I am having a crazy moment. In all actuality, he's looking like a nymphomaniac right about now. "I... did I not do it for you? I'm confused. I thought I felt you cum in me."

"I did..."

Slowly, but surely, our expressions mirror one another as the mutual confusion shared between us climbs to new heights. I don't know what he's got to be confused for, but I know without a doubt that I am completely puzzled right now. "Okay, so... why are you sitting up watching pornos at four in the morning?" The longer we stare at each other, the more I feel myself wanting to laugh.

He holds up a notepad full of his handwriting. I can see from where I sit in bed that whatever song he was writing is finished. "I wrote it when you went to sleep. I need some more inspiration." My eyebrows furrow, building their own arched mountains across my forehead, making my lack of an understanding as blatant as it can possibly be. "I'm trying to pick which melody I hear sticks to this the best."

I can't knock his creative process. I know that he's been trying something new with this album and I am here to support any and all of his creative processes to the fullest. He's been testing all kinds of different styles and ways to get into the mindsets that create these styles. Now that he is talking to me about it, I'm not too shocked anymore. I can easily imagine him rolling over to write after I fell asleep and once the high of our sex began to die down, he needed another outlet of sexual energy... even if it isn't his own. Honestly, it is perfectly understandable.

I laugh, "Okay, I get it... but can you watch that in the studio and not in here when I'm trying to sleep?" He picks up the remote and cuts the television, turning to climb up the bed. On his way up, he puts his choice of bad habit out in the ashtray that sits on his nightstand. He settles in his original spot. I keep the covers covering my nude body wrapped tight as it may be within these covers. "I didn't say you had to stop," I giggle, allowing him to slither his right arm beneath my head as he pulls me into his chest. "I just don't want some bimbo getting wack dick on a tacky couch being the main thing on the screen while I'm trying to sleep."