Four

"Yeah sure no problem," I said, anxiety boiling up inside of me as I sat next to Shayne.
We both looked at each other, clear panic filled both of our eyes.
"So, it seems that some of us haven't been following the, no relationship between co-workers rule," said Ian, scanning the room.
My heart started beating faster and faster and I thought I was going to cry.
"Sunny and Sarah, both of you should know better than this," Anthony scolded, shaking his head in disappointment.
I internally cried out of happiness, calming myself down.
Shayne and I hadn't been caught yet. We weren't going to get fired.
"It's not what it looks like guys!" Sarah pleaded with Ian and Anthony.
She grabbed Sunny's hand and stood up.
"We're just close friends!" Sarah, explained, panic filling her voice.
"Do close friends, have secret meetings in the janitors closet?" Ian interrogated.
Oh shit!
Ian and Anthony knew people were messing around in the closet, but they had the wrong couple!
"We've never even kissed guys!" Sunny shouted, defending his innocence. Shayne and I shared a glance, we knew we couldn't let Sunny and Sarah get fired because of our relationship.

"Guys it wasn't them," Shayne said, grabbing my hand and standing up.
We intertwined our fingers together, and stood firm, giving ourselves away.
Ian and Anthony took one glance at us and simultaneously said,"Y/N you're fired."
"WHAT?" Shayne and I shouted.
"You heard us, Y/N is fired, you completely disregarded the main rule at Smosh, you're done," Ian stated angrily.
I started to cry, but Shayne stood up for me.
"This is bullshit! We've been together for weeks now and it hasn't affected our work at all! Why should Y/N get fired for that?!"
"You signed the contract when you were hired, it was clearly stated," Anthony said, motioning that the meeting was over and that everyone could leave.
"Pack up your stuff and leave by noon," Ian spat, before leaving Shayne and I alone.
I immediately burst into tears and fell to the floor.
Shayne engulfed me in his arms and let me cry. He rubbed my back and whispered that everything would be alright, even though we both knew that neither of us would be allowed to see each other again after today.
We stayed that way for what seemed like forever, until I had calmed down enough to breath normally.
"Y\N I will make this right, I won't let us end this way," Shayne whispered, kissing my forehead lightly.
"Stop it Shayne. Just stop. You know this is the end, you're just making it harder than it has to be," I said, standing up and facing him.
"Don't say that Y/N," Shayne mumbled, I could see tears building up in his eyes.
"Goodbye Shayne," I sobbed.
I ran out of the room and didn't look back. Not because I didn't want to. But because I knew it would hurt too much if I did.

___________________________

Wowie this was an emotional chapter!
It may seem like everything is crumbling but I'm here to say... this is not the end.
Stay tuned, to see if you and Shayne will find a way to be together.

Happy Reading <3