Gender reveal

Gender reveal
Spencer
5 months later
Ethan was coping with his anger issues, he had only had a breakdown once at work. Cal had become alot more caring and had stayed with us some nights when he thought Ethan would lose it. Quentin understood that Ethan was ill and had a liking to calling him dad. Brady and charlotte had both been so kind, helping us out with Quentin when we thought Ethan would breakdown or when Ethan got really angry (which could be once a week.)

Me and Ethan are on our way to our five month scan. We sat in the waiting room nervously, Ethan was tired because of the pills he is taking for his mental health issues, they make him super drowsy. Ethan had his head resting on my shoulder and he was trying not to fall asleep.

"Ethan." I say, jolting him awake.

"Yeah." He says tiredly.

"Do you want a nap?" I ask. He had been napping alot recently, throughout work and when he got home. He could sleep for two hours and then wake up,stay awake for a few hours, take his tablets and then nap for another two hours.

"No, no I'm fine honestly." He says with a yawn.

"I could get cal-" I begin.

"I said I'm fine," he snaps. " Sorry."

"It's not your fault." I say.

We get called in and I lay on the bed, Ethan holds my hand and smiles a tierd smile. The doctor puts the cold gel on my stomach and then I look at Ethan, he is suddenly super awake and his eyes are transfixed on the screen. I smile at how eager he is. His eyes widen and he looks so happy.

"Ethan, you've done this so many times." I laugh.

"I love it!" He says and a happy tear rolls down his face.

"You're crying again." I say and laugh because he cries every time.

We stay in the trance we had created until the doctor turns up.

"Right so you know that you're having twins?" Asks the doctor and we nod. "Do you know the genders?"

"Not yet." Says Ethan enthusiastically.

"Would you like to know?" Asks the doctor.

"Yes." Says Ethan energetically.

"Boy and girl!" Says the doctor.

I look over at Ethan and he looks so happy, he wanted a girl so bad. We say thank you and then we leave, we get in the car and drive back to the flat. We are greeted by Cal and Q playing together, we laugh a little and cal walks over to us.

"So what's the genders?" Asks cal happily.

"Boy and GIRL!" Says Ethan happily but then he goes back to being tierd.

"That's excellent news!" Says Cal ignoring Ethan's sudden mood change.

We walk into the kitchen and make a cup in tea each, while Ethan goes into the living room. Cal smiles happily.

"How are things with you and Ethan?" Asks Cal.

"Good, Q loves him and I love him." I say. " How are things with you and Alicia?"

"Not that good." He says solemly.

"How come?" I ask.

"I told her about us sleeping together, let's just say that she wasn't as forgiving as my brother." He says sadly.

"Well let's hope she comes around and you can be back to your lovey dovey selves." I say.

We walk back into the living room and find Q playing quietly on the floor and Ethan sleeping on the sofa.

I smile at Cal and he smiles back.