Chapter 4

Cry's pov

I was frozen to the spot when I heard it, that voice. I saw the wolf from earlier sitting on the dusty bed in the corner of the room. There wasn't much in the room; a bed, wardrobe, dresser, and a nightstand in front of a window. The wolf had black fur and bright yellow eyes. 'Wait.... Did the wolf talk to us?' Before I could say anything about it, Russ spoke up. Who's there? Show yourself!" He yelled into the small space. We heard a chuckle and looked to see the wolf shaking slightly. "I'm not hiding," It said amusingly. "Who or what are you doing here? What ARE you?" I asked quietly.

"I could be asking the same thing. Strangers trespassing on property like this as you are. As for what I am will be explained another time," The wolf replied smugly. "The name is Snake. I know that it doesn't match what I am but that is my name." I just had to ask, "Are you going to kill us now?" Snake chuckled, "No. I'm assuming you are looking for Felix though. Why else would you come here?" I was rather shocked and saw that Russ was too from the corner of my eye. "How did you know that?" Russ asked shakily.

"You aren't the first to come here looking for him. Someone else was looking around earlier. Felix left a few hours ago when he found out he was being looked for." "Looked for? By who? Could this person possibly be named Ohm?" Snake seemed surprised by this. "You know Ohm?" He asked. "I was mistakenly attacked by him yesterday. He said he was looking for Felix but didn't say why though." It was silent for a minute before Snake said something. "Follow me." He got off the bed and walked towards us. We moved out of his way as he walked out the door. "Are you seriously going to follow him? We don't even know what he is or where he's leading us for that matter," Russ spoke quickly.

I looked to him and said I was and he could follow if he wanted to. I went through the door after Snake with Russ behind me. "Scott is never going to believe us when we tell him about this if we get the chance," Russ said quietly. "I don't think Snake will hurt us. If he truly wanted to, he would have already. Why prolong it? It just doesn't seem right to me. Also, why would he seem so hesitant about Ohm following Felix? Something is wrong here." We remained quiet after that, following Snake outside to the woods out back. After walking for a while, we came to a clearing with a large lake in the middle.

"What is this place?" Russ asked, looking at Snake. "Hold on. Felix? Are you there still? I think there might be something you want to hear," Snake said to nobody. After a minute, there was a rustling and a person emerged from the bushes across the lake. The first thing I noticed was his bright blue eyes, then his short blonde hair. He was wearing a somewhat dirty red shirt and jeans with sneakers. He looked like he hasn't slept in a few days with bags under his eyes. He looked almost exactly like the picture just without the bags under his eyes and his clothes. He seemed annoyed at us, then at Snake. "What could possibly be so important Snake? If I get caught because of you-" He started to say angrily before Snake cut him off. "The guy in the mask here said he saw Ohm." Felix looked startled when he looked at me with wide eyes. "Is that true? Did you see Ohm?" He asked so quietly I almost didn't hear him. His voice sounded so soft that I couldn't help but want to hear it again. 'Now isn't the time Cry.' I told him yes and he looked horrified. "I need to get out of here, tonight," He said. "Why? What does he want with you?" I asked. He looked at me for a minute and said something that really worried me. "He wants to kill me."