Chapter 9

Cry's pov

After I went to my room, I went straight to bed. I woke up around 10 and went to the living room to see if Felix or Snake were awake. When I saw they weren't, I wrote a note saying I was going to the store and would be back later, and left it on the table, walking out the door after getting dressed and headed off. After buying everything that would be needed, except for Felix's clothes, I headed back to my house. Being without a car for so long, you learn to carry a lot. Luckily, I didn't have a lot of bags to carry. I entered my house and saw Felix turn to look at me from the couch. "Hey," He mumbled. "Hey Cry, what did you get?" Asked Snake as he got up from the floor and walked over to me. "Hey, I got some food and some shower stuff for Felix," I responded as I pulled some stuff out of the bags. I heard Felix get up from the couch and walk over to the kitchen.

"Why are you going through all this trouble for me?" Felix asks, looking at the stuff and then back at me. I thought about how to respond to his question and continued putting stuff away. "Well as I said before, I didn't want to leave you there to die," I responded calmly. 'I honestly don't really know exactly why myself. I don't want him to die, but why exactly I don't know,' I thought to myself. Felix seemed to accept my response for now and changed the subject to what I got from the store. I just got some food that was easy to make, some beef for Snake, and some fish for Felix. I also got some generic shower stuff for Felix to use. He seemed fine with what I got and I showed him where everything was for when he needed it. Snake sat quietly on the ground and watched us move around the kitchen. Snake finally started talking to Felix after a few more minutes about how long he planned to stay here. 'I guess that's what they were talking about before I came in.' I think I heard Felix mumble that he didn't know yet.

After putting everything away, I asked Felix if he wanted anything to eat. I wasn't all that hungry but maybe Felix was. When he said no, I nodded and asked Snake to get the same response. Snake then told me that they hadn't been awake very long and would probably eat in a little bit. He then asked me if we could talk alone for a minute, which I said yes and led him to my room and closed the door. "So, what do you want to talk about?" I asked, sitting on the bed and Snake sat on the floor. "I'm worried that Felix isn't going to stay long," He started out. "We were talking while you were out and he was talking about going to another state. How he's going to do this, I don't know," Snake said, sounding worried. I've never heard a lot of emotion in his voice except when he was trying to convince Felix to stay at my house. It's usually deep and very emotionless, which makes it hard to tell what exactly he's thinking. "You really care about him, don't you?" I asked softly. Snake nodded while looking at his paws. "He's the first person to accept me as being a talking wolf. Usually people just freak out and attack me, but he didn't. I never thought that could happen to me," Snake said quietly. "If you try to pet me, I will bite you," He said suddenly, looking at me. I laughed at that and told him I wasn't going to. "We'll find a way to make him stay. We just have to wait and keep an eye on him," I told him. 'No way is he sneaking out of this house until I find out just what happened in Sweden.' Snake nodded to the idea and seemed to be a bit relieved.

Looking at Snake more closely, I noticed that he looked kind of like a husky with black and gray fur. 'He could probably pass as a big dog if I need to take him anywhere. I'll have to convince him to where a collar and leash though. I'll ask him about it later.' I stood up and went to open the door when Snake asked me one more question. "Why do you wear that mask?" I stood in place for a moment before responding. "I don't like the way my face looks and don't want others to see my face either," I whispered so quietly that I'm surprised Snake even heard me. "I understand," He said softly. We were quiet after that and went back to the living room to see Felix watching tv on the couch. He seemed to be watching SpongeBob and laughing at Patrick doing something to Squidward. I walked over to Felix with Snake following behind me. Felix looked back at us and asked us what we were talking about. "Nothing much," I said. Felix said ok and looked back to the tv. I sat down and hung out with Felix and Snake for the rest of the day.