Chapter 7

Snake's pov

'Oh no, I didn't think he was still here. He's going to be angry with me for getting them more involved than they already are.' "And why should I answer you? You never answer my questions," Cry said to Felix a bit angrily. "Because apparently you know more about me then I do about you. I didn't give you permission to tell them my life story Snake," Felix said looking at me. "I didn't want them involved in any of this. What part of that did you not understand!" He yelled, his voice getting louder as he spoke. "I may have gotten Russ and Scott involved, but I got involved the moment your boyfriend, Ohm, attacked me!" Cry screamed. "He isn't my boyfriend! I would never date a person like that, ever! I think you two would get along just fine though!" Felix screamed back. "Ok, that's enough, both of you quit it!" I yelled at both of them. "You two need to stop bickering. Felix, I think these people can help you, if you will just let them," I said cautiously. Felix looked at me and I noticed that distant gloom in his eyes as he responded, "The last time I let someone help me, I got into this mess. No way am I letting that happen again."

It felt like everything froze at that statement. Felix has always been secretive since the moment I met him. It took a while before anyone spoke again. "You'll only get hurt if you continue to seek answers you know. It's best to just let it go. I plan to leave this area soon and not come back," Felix said quietly. "Why? Why do you have to go?" I asked sadly. You were my first friend and I don't want you to go. Just let us help you Felix!" I didn't expect him to respond, but I wish he didn't. "If I don't then you'll get killed. I don't want that to happen." "I can protect myself, but what about you huh? Who's going to keep you safe? Please don't go," I begged and I never beg. Cry and the others were silently watching us, not moving, or looking to jump into the conversation. I could tell that Russ and Scott were sad about the situation, but I couldn't tell what Cry's emotions were. He always had that white mask on. I'll have to ask him about it later, if he'll tell me. Before Felix could talk again, Cry spoke up. "Why don't you stay at my house for now? I don't have anyone living with me and you don't have to stay outside. You can figure out your next move from there and Snake can come too if he wants to."

I was surprised that Cry would offer that and I'm sure he could tell by my face when he looked at me. I looked to Felix and saw he seemed to be in thought. "Why would you want to help me? You don't even really know me," Felix whispered. "Because I'm not going to leave you here to die. Snake is worried and believe it or not, so are the rest of us," Cry replied matter-of-factly as the other two nodded. "You're not going to leave me alone until I say yes, are you? Felix said with a small, breathy chuckle."Nope," Cry said. "Felix, it can't be that bad," I spoke, trying to convince him.I didn't want to see him go. "Ok fine," Felix finally said. "Snake I've never seen you give so much emotion before," Felix said to me, smiling slightly."Shut up."