Chapter 24

Janica's POV

"If you fall, stand up once again, try and reach for the success you oath to take," it sounded like a familiar voice. "Mom?" sabi ko pero, it was all just a dream.

Buhay pa ako? WTF. Dapat patay na ako eh!

Pagmulat ko ng mata ko, si Bernard ang nakita ko. "Oh Thank GOD, you're finally awake! NAGALALA AKO SAYO!" he said, putting his palm on my forehead.

I looked around, instead of even noticing him.

I see posters everywhere, bawat sulok ng kwarto puro poster. Poster ng iba't ibang rock bands,

"Nasaan ako?" medyo masakit pa ulo ko, pero pilit ko parin tumayo, pinahiga parin ako ni Bernard.

"My house, this is my room," sabi niya, umupo siya sa sofa sa tabi ng kama. WEIRD. I was expecting this room to be fillied with NBA posters and trophies. 

Complete niya lahat, pati mga hindi ko alam na bands may poster siya. I looked at the wall beside me, may mga magazine cut outs ng mga interviews ng mga bands, I knew where each cut out was from. I noticed that he kept those that came from bass guitar magazines.

"You like my room?" he asked.

I nodded, "yeah, pretty awesome,"

on the corner of the room, there was an amplifier and a bass guitar, napansin niya siguro na nakatitig ako duon.

He picked the bass guitar. "You play the bass?" I asked,

naka nga nga na siguro ako ngayon kasi I am pretty shocked.

THIS IS SHOCKING. NO WAY.

He plugged the bass guitar to the amplifier and then strummed, after tuning it abit, he started playing.

NGA NGA AKO. I COULDN'T SAY ANYTHING BECAUSE OF HOW WELL HE PLAYS. ANG GALING NIYA.

Pretty sick if you ask me. He is way better than the bassist in our band. "Yeah, I've been playing this baby since Day 1," he demo me another one of his sick and awesome strumming, afterwards, linapag niya ulit ito sa tabi niya. 

"I didn't know..." I was so speechless, I couldn't get the right words to actually say what I wanted to say, ang gulo ng isip ko, this morning, I hated him, ayaw ko siya makasama, now that I've seen him play, it's like I'd love to be acquainted with him.

"Why didn't you tell me you and I shared something like this in common?" I said, trying to throw a pillow at him. this mother fucker's really had it.HAHA. "Well, does it make me the same as you now? Are we both dogs now?" he laughed, "You're still a cat," I rolled my eyes, purring ang meowed. 

":But we can be friends now, right? Since we have the same interest and you like basketball now," he teased, pretending to shoot, like there was an imaginary ball and hoop.

Well, I thought of it, he did save me, and he is pretty cool, so why the fuck not? I am alone in school since today,

"Yeah, you've got a deal, you're pretty cool," I brofist with him,

"So have you thought of finding a new band to peform with?" he strummed his bass,

"I don't know, I don't think I'll ever find someone who'll want to take me," Yeah. since everyone has taken their toll at me, hating me and all that.

I didn't forget what happened to me, the burn on my back reminds me of the burning hate that my haters have for me. I'm scarred for life.

"Don't tell me you're giving up that award just because they kicked you out," he stood up and sat on the bed.