2

Izaiah

"Zai?" My sister called to me while cooking breakfast.

"What Lil girl?" I am older, by 3 minutes.

"When we move can we get a big house?" She asked.

"No, we just gonna get a nice condo." We have to wait until we're 18 to buy anything. The only reason we're allowed to rent this apartment it's because it's a small ass dirty place and the landlord is broke and desperate.

"I know, but why? Don't you want a big house?"

"No, we have to stay lowkey. Unless you go to college and get a real job." We both did high school online. I don't why, because we'll never need our diplomas.

"And leave my little brother in the streets all by himself?" she said in a baby voice.

"You know you can right? if you want to, you can go to college. And live a normal life." we never really talked about her going to college. All we know is that I'm not cut out for it. But I think she could do it, she's really smart.

"Only way I'm going anywhere, is if you're going with me." And she turned off the stove and started fixing our plates.

"We're about to be 18 though, so I need you to promise me something."

"What Zai?"

"If I ever die or some-"

"Zai shut the hell up." She don't never wanna talk about the reality.

"For real Alizae, if I die-"

"You won't." she so stubborn.

"If I die, you'll go to college and be a doctor like you wanted to when we were little." She looked at Mr.

"And if I die you'll be a rapper?" She started laughing. I used to write Lil raps all the time. I really thought I would be a rapper before everything happened.

"Shut the fuck up Zae, you ain't gone die."

"And you ain't either."

Alizae
A week later

I wish I had friends. I be so damn bored sometimes. But my brother always said friends will get you killed. But I can still go to the mall at least.

I threw on some jeans and an all white tank top, with my low top Blue and white 11s. I put on my gold hoops and gold chain that reads "Zae" I put my 9 in my purse and gelled my hair back into a low ponytail. Being mixed has its perks.

I get in my black Mustang and right as I'm about to pull out Zai steps to my window, so I roll it down.

"What Zai?"

"Where the hell you goin?" he think he somebody daddy.

"To see my Nigga."

"Alizae I'll slap the shit outta you. Quit playing with me." he really will.

"To the mall. You want something?"

"Some new Gucci slides, I lost one of my other ones. And don't talk to nobody."

"Kaay, I will. Bye brother" I said backing out the driveway.

"I love you!" He yelled, walking back in the house.

I'm walking around the mall with a couple bags. I already have everything so I don't know what to buy. I am hungry though, but I can't remember where the damn food court at. And I think I'm going in circles.

I almost jumped when this guy put his arm around my shoulder and wouldn't let go. I tried to look up and see his face but he's too tall and he's not looking up. I have no idea who this is but he does smell familiar. he smells good, and this better not be Zai, always following me.