Chapter 19

You pulled into the parking lot and got out of the car. The familiar smell of over sprayed perfume hit your nose once again as you made your way inside. "Hey Taylor! I'm glad to see that you're on time. New workers usually don't grasp that when they first start here." said the lady. "What's your name again? I didn't get to know you that well over the phone." you said to the receptionist lady. "Oh, my name Is Jennifer, sorry about that!" I looked around and saw various styles of clothes hung up on the racks throughout the store. "Do you have much experience in fashion at all?" asked Jennifer. "Not really, I was just wanting a little extra money." "Well, I guess we could get you started with folding and stacking these shirts. Once you fold them, place them on the table nearest the door." said Jennifer as she was pointing at the table.

You got to work on stacking the clothes and you noticed other ladies walking in that apparently worked there as well. They introduced themselves as Cindy, Payton, and Julie. I was pretty pleased with my coworkers and the environment that I was working in. As long as we can keep my marriage to Harry a secret, we'll be alright. After a while I had finished my job and went to find out my next task. Jennifer advised me to clean the windows so I got to work on those as well. I grabbed window cleaner and some towels and started to clean them. I was hoping that these amateur jobs would disappear soon cause it wasn't like you were completely clueless as to what was going on.

At lunch time, all of the other ladies and I went out to lunch at a sushi restaurant down the street. You had excused yourself to use the bathroom real quick and soon after you entered the bathroom, you realized that your phone was missing. You hurriedly finished your business and fast walked into the restaurant to find one of your coworkers snooping through your phone. It was Julie. You started to panic cause your wallpaper was a picture of you and Harry. You walked over to her and stared at her before she noticed you standing there. "Oh Taylor, what are you standing there for?" said Julie in a shaky voice, knowing she had been caught. "Could you mind your own business? No one gave you the right to snoop through my phone." you said in an furious voice. Everyone else had returned and you all dug into your food. "Hey everyone, let's do a quick activity. We'll each say an interesting fact about ourselves and we'll move down the line!" said Julie. You knew where this was going and you didn't like it.

Before you knew it, it was your turn and you weren't prepared whatsoever. "Well, I guess an interesting fact about me is that I'm double jointed." you said as you showed the group with your thumb. "Oh come on, there has to be a better fact than that. What are the details about you and this beautiful creature, Harry Styles? Your heart instantly fell out of your chest and everyone's eyes fell on you, awaiting your reply.