Chapter 18

I woke up the next morning with the sunlight blinding my eyes. I quickly covered my eyes and started to rub them at the same time. "Harry? Are you there?" you said as you shook his shoulder. "Why would I leave you?" said Harry as he chuckled. I buried my head into his neck as I smelled the faint scent of cologne from last night. Last night had been the first time that Harry and I were able to have sex ever since the crash. The doctors had been saying that it would take a couple of weeks for him to regain his strength, and he definitely already has from what you saw last night. You picked up your phone and checked your social media. It was 8:00 and you had to be at the boutique at 9:00, so that gave you plenty of time to get ready for the day. I threw the covers to the side and headed towards the bathroom.

I turned the light on as I walked in and looked at my reflection in the mirror. Ever since Harry and I got carried away last night, I had forgotten to wash my makeup off. There were black smudges around my eyes from the old eyeliner and mascara. You wanted the old makeup off immediately so you grabbed a makeup wipe and started to take the layers off. Before you knew it,you were staring at your bare face in the mirror and it was hard for you to look. You've always struggled with acne and redness on your face, so makeup was kind of your savior. Harry would always tell me that I looked just fine without makeup, but I've never had the confidence to go outside bare-faced. I looked at myself one last time before I turned off the bathroom lights and went into the kitchen.

I saw that Harry had already started preparing breakfast and you couldn't help but smile at the sight of him. "Have you ever seen me cook before?" said Harry as he was stirring up eggs in a skillet. "To be honest, I never knew that you had a passion for cooking." "I usually would cook if it was late at night when I got home late or if you weren't around at the time." replied Harry. I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around him while he was cooking. Harry smiled as your eyes met, and everything just felt right. Harry handed me a plate and I took a seat at the kitchen table. Harry joined me a couple of minutes later with a plate full of food. "Are the other ladies who work at the boutique kind?" asked Harry. "They're really sweet people, but they don't know about me being married to you yet. I don't want that to get into the way of my new job and I really don't want to be asked a million questions." you replied. "I could see how that could make you stressed. If there's ever any trouble at this new place, please tell me. Ok?" "Ok."you replied. You went and got dressed for the day and gathered your things. "I'll see you later, ok?" "Ok, I love you." "I love you too." you said as you closed the front door behind you.