My Hero In Shining Glasses

A/N: both Jade and Perrie are nerds. Jade is crushing on Perrie. Whenever Perrie gets bullied Jade 'mans up' to help her even though shes scared too.  NOT EDITED BECAUSE I'M A LAZY SHIT

***

School is the bane of my life.

No, not because of the homework.  In fact, I'm pretty darn smart - don't mean to toot my own horn or anything - so it's a total breeze.

The part of school that makes me wish I could stay home and never come back is-

"Yo, glasses!"  Startled, I turn, already getting a bunch of anxious energy building up inside of me when I see that it's one of the girls on the cheerleading team, Jesy.  

"You do know sixty-two percent of the students here wear gla-"

"Look, I don't have time for your stupid numbers, and neither do you."  Jesy looks around, cautiously, then turns her attention back to me.  "The girls are bored, so they're looking for a loser."

She doesn't offer any more words, nor another glance, before turning on her heels and marching off with that confident and flawless aura that all the cheer girls have.  I sigh once I see that she's done with me, turning around and banging my head against my locker.

Jesy Nelson used to be friends with me way back when in elementary.  We went our separate ways in middle school, but even though it's social suicide for her to be caught talking to me, she still makes an effort to give me warnings about when the rest of her squad might be coming after me.

Which brings me back to why school is the bane of my life: I'm a nerd.

And no, not even one of those 'cute' nerds that people fawn over and call quirky or dorky.  I'm a loser nerd, the absolute bottom of the popularity totem pole.  I'm the type of nerd that people will go out of their way to bother and mess with.  I'm bullied for absolutely no reason other than the fact that I'm an easy target.

Assholes.

It's not an easy life.  I wish I could just transfer schools and be done with it all...

Except, I actually don't want to.

Stupid, right?

I guess so, yeah.  But, you see, as I do what I'm doing now (grabbing my textbooks, in case you didn't know), I can look just a bit down the hall to the lockers on the wall opposite of mine, and I'll witness the most wonderful sight.

Perrie Edwards.

She's...perfect.  I've been crushing on her ever since freshman year, and it's kind of hard not to when she's just that beautiful.  The blonde hair, the blue eyes, the smile... I'm a goner whenever she's anywhere near my vicinity.  So, I watch her from afar.

I'm, like, not creepy at all.

I watch as she closes her locker, the sleeves of her sweater too long for her arms, so the cuffs are pulled over her hands.  I lean against my own locker, continuing to watch the anxious bite of her lip as she looks around, making sure that there's nobody to run into that may tease her or cause her trouble.

Oh, yeah, that's another thing: Perrie Edwards is also a nerd, exactly like me.

She scurries off to her first class, and the five minute warning bell starts to blare throughout the hall, making me snap back to reality and realize that I need to stop gawking over Perrie and get all my shit from my locker so I can make it to class on time.  

***

So, great news: I wasn't stuffed into a locker or teased mercilessly today.

Bad news: that means someone else was instead of me.