Babysitting

A/N: More Jade and Hatchi!!!!  Because I freaking love writing Hatchi, I shall gift this to thee

***

*Perrie's POV*

"I don't remember you having a child."  

I giggle, the noise coming out of me so easy and abrupt that I can't control it.  I can never control myself when it's...well, her.  

"Alright, now you're giggling.  Perrie Edwards, is there something you're not telling me?"

"Jadey!" I cut myself off with a laugh, just imagining her wide and worried eyes right now.  How could she think I would ever have a child this young? ...I mean, if she wanted me to, then done and done!  But we're not together, so, no child, uh-uh.  "I'm talking about baby Hatchi."

There's a brief moment of silence.

"Hatchi isn't a child, Perrie!"

"I didn't say you had to watch a child!"

"You said you need me to babysit!"

"Yes, exactly!  Hatchi is my baby.  You know this."

"He's a freaking dog, Pez."

"Shut up!"  I pull into my driveway after that long and dreadful day at work, already excited to run inside and take a wonderful nap.  "Anyway, I'm home now.  Will you be able to watch him for me?"

"How long is your trip?"

"A week."

"...Fine, I'll watch the rat."

"Stop calling him that!"

"Go take your nap, Pez!"

"You know me so well," I say, a smile growing on my lips.  She's my best friend, so of course she knows me like the back of her hand.  It makes me happy to know that someone knows me in my entirety and hasn't run or left me.  She's my forever, whether she knows it or not.  "Thanks, Jadey.  I'll see you Friday, then?"

"See you Friday.  Bye!"

"Bye!"

I hang up the phone, gather my things, and soon I'm walking through the front door and getting welcomed by the sound of Hatchi's paws on the floor.

"Is that my good boy?" I call out, and it only takes a few seconds for me to see the blurry ball of fur racing around the corner, galloping towards me as fast as his little legs can carry him.  He jumps up onto his hind legs just as I place my bag down, his paws scratching just barely above my knee as he jumps up and down with excitement.  "Guess what, bud," I say, crouching down and smushing his fluffy face in my hands, scratching behind his ears, "I got you a really good babysitter."  He barks at me, tail beginning to wag even faster than before.  "Jade agreed to come watch you for the whole week mummy will be gone."

I let go of his face so he can jump around on his own, his small body spinning around as he barks with excitement.  

"Yeah, you like Jadey, don't you?"  Hatchi continues to bound around happily, cheerfully prancing in a circle.  Unfortunately, Jade isn't quite as fond of him as he is of her.  

"I do, too, Hatchi boy.  I do, too."

***

*Jade's POV*

"You are so whipped."

I groan, slumping forward and letting my forehead hit the table with a little thud.  Leigh-Anne starts cracking up while Jesy just continues to smirk at me, all smug and happy because she knows she's right.  She's probably only one dig away from taking a sip of her coffee and pretending it's 'tea'.