twenty six

CAN'T LIVE.

~

"I CAN'T JUST GIVE her up," I insisted, sitting up. "Without her, I'd be nothing."

"I don't think so," Jimin said, shaking his head microscopically. "You've managed to get by on your own when she moved away. Would it really make a difference if you let her go now?"

"But she-"

"Taehyung-ah, you remember what happened with Ahn Jieun?"

I nodded hesitantly.

"You let your emotions get to you, and it took over you like a tsunami. Now, you don't want (First Name) to suffer like she did, right?"

I shook my head.

"So let her go, and focus on your music."

"I don't want to lose to Jungkook though."

"Is that what this is all about?"

"Well, no.. but-"

"Your goal in life isn't to win against Jungkook, Taehyung-ah!"

I jumped back in my seat as he slammed the stack of sheet music down on my desk, taken aback by his outburst.

"Can't you see that you've accomplished so much in your life?!" Jimin yelled, pointing at glass-cased awards along the back wall. "You don't need to prove it to one person that you're better! And you especially don't need to prove it by winning over the girl you've been fighting over for years!"

"I... I just can't let her go though."

"Why not?!"

"She has something of mine that I can't live without."

~

(First Name)'s POV:

THE LAST BELL RANG, and all the students began rushing out of the school, looking forward to giving their brains a rest from the marathon that is learning. I keep an eye out for Jungkook as I await for him by the front doors of the school, occasionally waving to my fellow art classmates. Although they had all packed together as they exit the building, one fell behind the rest, strolling towards me with his arms full with his sketchbooks and art supplies case, along with his large scroll holders slung over his shoulder.

"Well, if it isn't (First Name)," Youngkyun smiled, stopping right in front of me.

Song Youngkyun, one of the more talented artists in the school. I looked up to him for quite a while, even before I transferred here. His name is all over the art museums in the area, with pieces from when he was only a middle schooler up until now. His art is just amazing. All the thought, hard work, and dedication that went into each of his pieces always astonishes me. I always seem to find a part of me that connects with the dark, deep meaning of every art piece he's created. White Rose is one of my favorites, which compares a girl to a white rose. The painting itself is of a girl with a flowy white dress resembling a rose, and at the bottom are nasty depictions of men who are reaching out to grab hold of her rose petals. With her mouth gagged with a white cloth, she doesn't bother to escape, and instead hugs herself tightly. Youngkyun explained the whole meaning at his showcase of the painting.

LIKE A WHITE ROSE,
INNOCENT AND PURE WAS SHE,
THOUGH ALSO AS QUIET AS CAN BE.

ONE BY ONE,
HER PETALS WERE PICKED,
AND HER INNOCENCE AND PURITY WAS
DESTROYED.

BUT HER SILENCE NEVER BROKE.

I, as well as millions of people, were in awe of this work of art.

"What are you doing here all by your lonesome?" he asks, cocking his head to one side with a raised brow.

"I-I'm just w-waiting on a friend," I answered hesitantly, fiddling around with my fingers behind my back.

"Really? Who?"

"J-Jungkook."

"Oh, wow. I never would've expected you to be friends with a rebellious boy like him. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm not judging him. I just thought that for a girl like you—so wonderful and sweet—you would stray away from guys like him."

"Sunbae, he's not a bad person."

"I know, and I believe you, but his surroundings make him appear like he's a whole different person, you know what I mean?"

I pause, averting my eyes away to the side.

He was right. Jungkook has this new ambience about him that just screams bad boy. From his trouble-making friends to his trouble-making actions, I assumed he was a stranger right when I came back. In fact, he might even be one...

"(First Name)," I hear from afar.

I whip my head around, finding myself locking eyes with Jungkook only a few feet away from me and Youngkyun. In one hand, he held his school blazer, and in the other held his backpack. Sweat dripped down the sides of his face and down his neck, staining the collar of his white button-up which he had rolled the sleeves up of and untucked the hem out from his slacks. He was panting like a dog, as if he had ran from the other side of the school, plus a couple more laps around the whole perimeter. His eyes seemed to be filled with distress, and inside of me, I followed along suit, feeling my heart drop to the pit of my stomach.

"I... I had to run from the soccer field all the way here," Jungkook heaved, taking slow and steady steps towards me. "Who... Who's this?"

"This is Youngkyun sunbae," I introduced him with a slight of hand. "He's in the art department with me."

"Nice to meet you, Jungkook," Youngkyun smiled, appearing almost too fake to be real. He reached his hand out. "I've heard a lot about our school's athletic all star."

Jungkook glanced over at Youngkyun with a disgusted expression, and only a second later, he brushed him off with a scoff and brought his attention back over to me.

"Let's go," he sighed, slinging the strap of his backpack onto his shoulder. "We can't waste anymore time."

With his now free hand, he clasps my hand with his and drags me along with him out the front doors of the school. Not even a second later, as we make our way down the concrete steps, all the athletes begin to cheer and clap, bringing attention to the two of us.

"Wah! Jungkook hyung won!" one of them cheered.

"Get it, Jungkook-ah!" another yelled, making a raunchy facial expression.

"You deserve it, hyung!"

"He's a keeper, (First Name) noona!"

I turned my head away, concealing my face, though I conclude that was a huge mistake as I latch my eyes onto Taehyung, who had his eyes set on the two of us only a mere couple meters away.

"(First Name)-ah," he mouthed, as a tear rolled down his cheek.

"Noona, don't look at him," said Jungkook, keeping his head forward as we walk. "He needs to figure himself out first before he can even try to take care of you."

He scoffed under his breath, "I won't let that happen though."

~

OOO. Another chapter! ❤️

I'm so glad I'm getting on a roll! 😊

I might start another story so I can keep myself occupied and inspired! 😉

-

Well, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Please save it to your library, add it to your reading list, comment, vote, and share with your friends! 💙

I love you and have an amazing day!

~ Kanzaki-chan ☆~(ゝ。