seven

NEW FRIENDS

~

IT WAS LUNCH NOW, and as for math and science earlier...

It was horrible.

I was forced to sit by Taehyung in both classes due to the fact that it's the middle of the school year and everyone has their own seats next to their friends. In math, he would pass me notes saying I'm sorry or Forgive me. I was surprised that he didn't get caught by all the slips of paper on both of our desks. And in science, we were assigned a group project along with another student, a guy named Jung Hoseok. He's a year older than us, and honestly, I thought he was really sweet and funny.

He's quite handsome too..

Let me just say that this cafeteria was basically a dining hall. It was just fucking grand. The circular tables were a polished darkwood, and the intricate chairs were padded with a red cushion designed with gold stencils. Bright, tiny, incandescent chandeliers hung over every table from the quartz, diamond patterned ceiling.

Although everything looked fancy, you can tell the students' etiquette was flat-out horrid. It was loud and crowded. Boys threw their steamed broccoli and rolls of bread at eachother. Girls would make a mess of the table by scattering their make-up tools and supplies while retouching their whole entire face. God, this school was a wreck.

I took a spot at the end of the long lunch line. I usually pack my own lunch, but today I rushed getting ready and out the door. The group of girls in front of me kept looking back at me as they talked to one another. Probably about how I'm "Jungkook's girlfriend." Each of the girls scrunched their faces in disgust at me, looking as if like they wanted to dump a bucket of acid over my head.

"I don't get why Jungkook asked you of all people to be his girlfriend," one of them spoke up, turning around to glare at me.

It was her. And her whore clique.

"I wonder why too.." I scoffed, rolling my eyes and crossing my arms across my chest.

"You're not even pretty, you little-"

"Please do finish your sentence while I stand here," said Jungkook out of the blue. He leaned against me with his arm draped atop my left shoulder coolly.

"J-Jungkook o-oppa! I-I wasn't g-going to say a-anything b-bad!" she stammered, her hands surrendered up just below her chin.

"Good, because you know what actually wouldn't look pretty?"

"W-W-What..?"

Jungkook chuckled under his breath, "you don't want to know, Haeun-ssi."

The whole group of girls were in shock, and they turned themselves around in remorse, their heads hanging low. God, I wish Jungkook would be by my side the whole day. As I took a deep breath in and out and I threw off Jungkook's arm, I felt a tap tap tap on my opposite shoulder. Whipping my head around, I found my cool as a cucumber science partner, Jung Hoseok.

I gave him an inviting smile, "Hoseok oppa, anneyeonghaseyo."

"Anneyeong, (First Name)-ssi," he said in reply, grinning. "You know, you two wouldn't seem like the type to date eachother."