twenty seven

YOU WERE {NEVER} THE ONE

~

3rd Person POV:

TAEHYUNG, WHEN IN NEED of an emergency female companion, didn't just run to any one in front of him. She had to have been someone special to him either in the past or in the now. So, he resorted to the one and only option other than (First Name).

Ahn Jieun.

Luckily for him, she didn't hold a grudge and allowed his presence around her. Jieun worked at the music store with her father at the Times Square Mall, and whenever Taehyung needed his instruments repaired or anything in general, Jieun was always there to help him—even if it wasn't music related. Although he hadn't been around in a while, it seemed as if today was the perfect day—not in a good way—to have her keep him company.

Taehyung was heartbroken. To think that (First Name) would play with his feelings like that seemed like something unimaginable. From the start, he believed that she always loved him first, and even more than Jungkook. Now seeing her get swept away by the tsunami that is Jungkook was like a hurricane in his heart.

Opening the glass door of the music shop, the familiar jingle of the pair of bells hit by the top of the door rang in Taehyung's ears as he entered inside. Brahms' Symphony No. 3 filled the cool, thin air, refreshing his mind of his young recital days. However, the moment his eyes lay upon Jieun at the counter, his heart sinks to the abyss of his stomach as the permanent eye patch on her face floods his mind with the memory of that horrid day. He gulped, trying to swallow down his nerves, then proceeded to head over towards her.

"Oh, look who we have here," smiled Jieun, leaning over the glass counter, her forearms propping her up. "I haven't seen you in a while."

"You missed me?" Taehyung smirked, digging his hands into the front pockets of his slacks.

"I should be saying that to you."

Taehyung chuckled, staring down at the , though his smile soon dissipated into a slight pout. He sighed, "(First Name) came back."

Jieun felt a pang in her heart. His first love, huh? She curved the edges of her lips upwards in attempt to hide her true feelings. "That's great to hear," Jieun grinned. "Maybe you'll get over me now."

"You know I'll always love you, noona. That'll never change."

"But your love for (First Name) will never change either. I want you to be happy, Taehyung-ah, even if it means getting over me. She must've come back for a reason, and maybe it was because she missed you. You can't just miss an opportunity like this. You should be out there trying to-"

"Noona, I know you're only doing this to cover up how you really feel. Plus, she's with that asshole Jungkook right now."

"Jungkook? Why?"

"You know why. He's been trying to compete with me for her for a long time."

"How's that going?"

"Not good. She's pushed me away a lot."

"Well, there must be a reason why. I mean, take you and I for example. I resented you right away after the accident. However, I still found it in my heart to forgive you." Dropping her chin only slightly, Jieun chuckled under her breath with a grin. "I understand how she feels. To be torn inbetween two men who love her, it's an outstanding feat, but it's a very painful one."