fifteen

PAPER HEARTS

~

This chapter is based off of Tori Kelly's song, "Paper Hearts," which Jungkook actually created a cover of.
Please take a chance to listen to the song as you read this chapter!

Enjoy!

•︎

MY BREATH CONTINUOUSLY HITCHED achingly as I sat lifelessly against the brick wall along the alleyway. Blood dripped prolongedly from the corners of my mouth, both nostrils, a cut in my eyebrow, and even a decent-sized gash near my temple. I couldn't bring myself to fully widen my clouded, bruised eyes. Everything before me was soft and blurred, but soon enough, a dark haze swallowed up my vision little by little until it was pitch black.

Remember the way you made me feel?
Such young love, but
something in me knew that it was real;
frozen in my head.

"Jungkook-ah!"

"Yah, Jeon Jungkook!"

"Jeon, Jung, Koo~k!"

Everytime the sound of my name slipped out of your mouth and past your cute, pillowy lips, it was like music to my ears. Whether it be that you needed to grab my attention, or you were pissed and wanted to yell in my face, I love when you say my name–for the reason being that I know you actually care. As you said my name more and more, my cravings and desires would be fed continuously until I was fully nourished with an infatuation for you. I felt that my heart would beat harder and harder. The butterflies in my stomach fluttered around faster and faster. Most of all, I fell deeper and deeper in love with you.

You know, it was almost as like I could almost here your voice right here, right now.

Pictures I'm living through for now,
trying to remember all the good times.
Our life was cutting through so loud.
Memories are playing in my dull mind.

"Here!" (First Name) smiled. She held out a small, brown paper bag with a red ribbon tied at the top into a bow. "Happy birthday, Jungkook!"

I chuckled under my breath, looking down to the hardwood floor to hide the dispersing blush upon my flushed face. I trailed my eyes back up, covertly meeting with hers behind the jet black drapes falling from the edge of my forehead. Extending my arms out with the palms of my hands facing the ceiling, (First Name) tenderly set down the gift before me. The cold tips of her fingers lightly grazed against my skin, sending faint shivers up my spine. She immediately drew back her hands, averting her eyes as the corners of her mouth goofily turned upward.

"고마워요, 누나," I smiled with a slight bow of my head.

Before I could steal the chance to open the present, a piercing, throbbing bullet of agony overwhelmed the entirety of my head. My teeth clenched, and an exterted, painful groan escaped my mouth. Soon enough, I was forced to jerk myself back to reality. I began attempting to pry open my heavy eyelids, but alas, I was only able to make a microscopic crack.

Faint, muffled yelling, screaming, and shouting filled my tunneled cloudy ears. "Jungkook-ah! Get up!" I could feel a pair of tense hands firmly clinging to my biceps, tightly clenching my muscles. "Yah! Wake up! Please!" My head was violently thrown back and forth, and side to side–it felt as if a mesmerized toddler was playing with a bobblehead for the first time.