eleven

WHAT HURTS THE MOST
pt. two

~

While reading this chapter, please listen to the youtube video I included as well. I took inspiration from this very song, and I even cried a little when I was writing.

Enjoy!

Third Person (Omniscient):

TAEHYUNG AND JUNGKOOK ARRIVED at Gwanghwamun Station in Seoul Metropolitan Subway hunched over with their hands on their knees, huffing and puffing to catch their cold, visible breaths. Both pairs of feet crunched into the ground beneath them with sleet almost above their ankles. The two had raced over from their houses almost a mile away in the -5 degrees winter weather, anxious to see their best friend. But alas, it was a sad time as well since she was moving away.

Taehyung straighted out his back, followed by his athletic doppelganger, and a sharp sting came upon his lower back. He's not quite used to running as much now due to the fact that he spends most of his time sitting on his piano bench at home, working his butt off. Well, his fingers actually, but that's not the point. Jungkook, on the other hand, was now fully recharged. Running is no big deal for him because his usual would be moving and grooving about on the basketball court and the soccer field.

Taehyung took a deep breath in and out, "are you ready to say your final goodbyes?" He didn't want to expose the sadness growing inside of him. Instead, with a hoax of a smile, he refrained from releasing his tears.

"It's going to happen whether we like it or not," said Jungkook, microscopically grinning. Feeling his chest tighten, Jungkook realized that he didn't want to see (First Name) at all today. Actually, he would rather bawl his eyes out into his pillow than cry in front of her and watch the train take her off into the distance.

"Okay, let's go." Taehyung made his way through the loose crowd, leading his dongsaeng who was hopelessly lost as he bumped into strangers and a few stiff, cylindrical pillars. You'd think he would be better at navigating even within a rough desert of people. Ironically, sorry. The two pushed on through with tiny beads of sweat running down the sides of their faces, but unfortunately, Taehyung and Jungkook soon reached a conflict when they suddenly stopped under the subway schedule. They had forgotten where (First Name) was moving to.

"Jungkook-ah," said Taehyung.

"Yeah, hyung?" Jungkook replied.

"Do you perhaps remember where (First Name) is moving to?"

"No clue, hyung."

"Aish, what are we going to do!"

"Guys?" appeared a faint voice behind them from afar. Taehyung and Jungkook instantly whipped their heads around simultaneously. (First Name), the two smiled to themselves. Both of their faces lit up gleamfully, grinning from ear to ear. she ran towards them with Her (hair color) locks flew back, and the white, hand-woven scarf around her neck along with the pale blue messenger bag flopped about as she ran towards them. Jungkook began to feel tears build up in his eyes seeing the girl he loved right before him. He held them back willingly, persistent to not let a single one drop.

"(First Name)!" beamed Jungkook. He automatically engulfed her in an embrace once she reached him and jumped into his arms. The two were overwhelmed with a warm feeling inside and out. It wasn't a toasty, sitting by the fireplace warmth, and they didn't know how to describe it their young age. As a matter of fact, the unknown, ethereal sensation was a blossoming, burning love inside of each of them.