Live Life Without You

Autumn's POV

Carroll came to pick me up with her silver car.

She waved at me. I quickly walked in the passenger seat, but she didn't drove away directly.

"Hey.."

I didn't answer her. Instead, I kept on looking down on my shoes in silence.

"What happened?" She asked in curiosity.

I shook my head. "Nothing significant. Can we just go back to the hotel, please." I lied.

She didn't argue with me which I was glad about.

She drove off while I kept on looking out the window.

I was thinking about how life would be without Harry. I knew that Harry's safe now.

That's the only significant thing I could think about.

After a long ride, Carroll stopped the car.

She stepped out and gave her keys to a guy with an uniform.

I followed her while the guy drove her car away.

We walked in the same building I first met her.

I wonder where was Harry. I wonder if he's heartbroken or maybe he doesn't really care.

I just hope he's safe right now.

We stepped in a different room.

There was a queen bed in the middle with a television screen in front of it.

Two huge sofas at the sides and a glass window with a peach colored curtain hanged on it.

If I wasn't to depress, I would be complimenting the room while I snoop around.

Carroll sat on the huge bed and took off her heels that looked painful.

She reached for the envelope on the table and walked towards me.

She lent me the envelope making me confused.

"It's your payment." She gave me a small smile.

I looked at it with anger. I was angry at myself. Why on earth would I do this stupid job.

I shook my head hard. "I don't want it." My voice came out mean and bitter.

"No.. Take it. You did the work and I could see that you're doing well. Take it."

"No- Wait. How did you know that.. It was going so well?.. I mean with me and Harry?" I tried looking for answers in her eyes.

She cleared her throat and sat on the bed again.

She tapped the bed beside her and motioned me to sit there which I followed.

Carroll sighs. "Umm.. We get money doing this hun. Hiring people to date celebrities and make a story. In fact, we get way more money than you do which is.. a lot. Especially that it's about Harry. We also hire people to take pictures of you and put it on the magazines, gossip, and more information." She faked a smile.

I looked at her in disgust. "You people do that!" I raised my voice.

Carroll looked at me in shock. "Well, you are one of those people Autumn."

I looked down on my fingers in shame. I felt a hand on my shoulder. "I didn't mean-" I cut her.

"No. It's true." I stood up.

I walked towards my bag and zipped it open.

I searched for the envelope and shoved it to Carroll's face. "Take it! I don't want it!" I raised my voice.