Home

I went to my mom's the following week. She could tell I was thinner and she made me gain weight. I really hated myself for letting her. She got me back up to 82 within the first week, but by the second week, I had started throwing up. I felt weaker by the day, until one day my legs gave out again, this time it was painful. As crazy as it sounds, I fell down the stairs at my moms. I landed on my left wrist, thank god I'm right handed. I was laying at the bottom of the stairs for a minute until my mom came running in. I don't even remember if I was crying or not, I just remembered there being a lot of pain going up my arm. She didn't want to call an ambulance, so she helped me out to her car.

It was so painful. God damnit, I'd only been at my mom's for a week, and had already managed to fuck up something. My arm was on a pillow that my mom brought in the car. I kept choking, guess I was crying. "It's okay." My mom rubbed my shoulder as I was sitting in the passenger seat. I covered my face with my free hand. I had realized that once the doctor pulled up my sleeve, my mom would see the cuts. Luckily it just looked like I'd scratched it on something.

When the doctor pulled up my sleeve, my mom asked me what happened. "I fell off my bike at Dad's house." She surprisingly believed me... I think. I nervously bit my trembling lip. I could barely pick up my arm. The doctor brought me into the x-ray room. I had only gotten X-rays once, back in 6th grade I broke my collarbone in football. It's because I was the smallest one on the team, I hate being short.

The doctor said it was fractured, and I'd be in a cast for only 4 weeks. Well, this couldn't have sucked anymore. A cast wasn't going to stop me. When we got home, I had to take painkillers. I don't remember what they were, but they had side effects. For some reason, these painkillers in particular made me really sick for a few days. I had a fever of almost 103 and couldn't get out of bed, but the positive was that I wasn't hungry. I just hope I feel better soon, so I could keep running.