Chapter 7

Harry's POV

"You've been a bad boy, Harry," he said before I felt the crack of a belt against my skin.

Immediately I tried to shield myself. "Please stop!" I screamed. "I won't do it again, I'm sorry!"

"That's what you said last time." He hit me again, harder this time. "Next time you'll think twice before interrupting me." He continued to hit me until I felt nothing. My skin was numb and purple and my vision was blurry with tears that we're streaming down my cheeks and on to the rancid carpet.

He finished with a final kick to my side, only adding to the bruise that he gave me yesterday.

"Leave him alone, Gage." My moms voice was weak, pained and afraid.

"What did you say to me?"

"Leave him alone."

"You fucking bitch," he spat, poison oozing from each word.

I watched as he walked over to her and crouched down, gripping a fistful of her hair so she looked up at him. She was powerless. She was subjected to his strength, his power, his superiority. I could see the look of pain and sorrow on her face, and never had I seen anything more terrifying than the lack of mercy in his eyes.

"Now listen here you stupid whore," his voice was barely above a whisper. "I own you. I own your little piece of shit child over there. I own this house. I own everything." He threw her head down and I could hear the sound it made when her skull hit the carpet floor. "Don't you ever tell me what to do."

I watched as he began to hit her over and over again. I tried to move but my body wouldn't allow it, and no matter how loud I screamed, he wouldn't stop. I couldn't do anything. I couldn't help her. All I could do was lie there and watch him beat her until she began to bleed.

"Harry!" She screamed for me, but I couldn't save her. I was weak, and useless. Nothing but a pile of a boy that once was.

"Harry!" The voice was no longer my mothers, but someone else.

Suddenly, I could move. I opened my eyes, although I hadn't noticed that they were closed. There was someone leaning over me. A woman. Her hair draped around her face like a vail, and even though I couldn't see her face, she was beautiful. Almost as if an angel had come down and awoken me from the horrid terrors that I experienced.

Once I had regained feeling in my body, I could feel her hands on my shoulders, shaking me frantically in an attempt to tear me away from the dreams that haunted me in my sleep.

My eyes were frantic, scanning the room in an attempt to recognize my surroundings.

My bedroom. I was in my bedroom. And Anastasia. She is here.

I sat up, my chest heaving and my body wracked as I tried to get a grip on reality. My cheeks were still wet with tears, and I realized that I had cried in my sleep as well. And even then I didn't stop crying.

"Harry, calm down. It's alright." She pulled me into her and I rested my head on her chest as I released a few more shaky sobs. "It was just a dream." Her voice was soft and beautiful. She kissed the top of my head as she ran her slender fingers through my unruly hair. "It was just a dream."

I wiped my pathetic tears away and picked my head up from her bare chest.

"Harry? Are you alright?" Anastasia's small voice was so calm and so beautiful. All I wanted was to be inside her, where I belonged.

"I will be." I stood up from the bed and walked to the medicine cabinet, grabbing one of the condoms and ripping open the aluminum packaging. I slipped on the rubber barrier and climbed over her, spreading her legs with my knees. I pushed into her and instantly felt better. All of the fear and anger that I felt washed away as I thrusted deep inside of my dear Anastasia.