Chapter 17

Things were different now. I didn't see Harry as an overbearing, overprotective control freak.. I saw him as a lost boy, needing closure and the comfort he never received as a child.

As we headed for Six Flags, he kept my hand firmly grasped in his, like he was afraid I would open the door and jump out. I smiled at the thought of him needing me, which earned me a confused look from Harry.

"What are you smiling about?"

"Nothing," I hesitated. "Just thinking about how much fun we're going to have."

He nodded, but I knew he didn't necessarily believe me. "I'm just going to be honest with you, I've never been to a place like this before."

I giggled lightly. "Alright, Harry. I won't pressure you into anything..."

We pulled into the parking lot and parked the car before walking what seemed like a miles and a half to get to the entrance. After buying our tickets and getting our bags checked, we were finally inside. I took joy in watching Harry as he surveyed his surroundings, watching all of the different people here with their families. I caught him looking specifically at one family; a young male who seemed to be in his late twenties, with his wife and young daughter. Confusedly, I nudged him and he looked down at me. "Anything you want to do first?"

He looked around hesitantly. "I don't know..."

I stood on my toes and pressed a kiss to his cheek. "We'll start small."

"Alright," he nodded.

I pulled him over to The Texas Giant, one of the parks original rides. The line wasn't too long, but in the Texas heat, it seemed to last a decade, which made me thankful for wearing shorts and a tank-top.

Surprisingly, the park wasn't too packed considering it was practically summer. As we began to approach the front, Harry began to fidget, nervously playing with the rings on my fingers.

"Harry, you're going to be ok," I giggled.

He nodded and looked around nervously, squeezing my hand lightly.

We finally stepped up to the front. "I-I don't know about this, Anastasia," Harry tremulously spoke as eyed his surrounding.

I leaned over and placed a small kiss of reassurance on his lips. "I'm right here. Nothing will happen to you." He nodded and squeezed my hand. "Now which seats do you want? The fromt doesn't look too long."

He swallowed. "Whatever you think is best."

"Front it is," I squealed. I pulled him to the front row line, where we stood another ten minutes or so. It wasn't too bad considering the line is usually longer.

When the gate opened, I walked over to the front car of the roller coaster and Harry followed. As he sat and buckled his seat I went and placed my bag in the small cubby and then headed back to my seat. As soon as we were buckled, Harry grabbed my hand again and all I could do was laugh. I had never seen him like this before; so afraid and vulnerable. However, it was a different vulnerability than the kind I had seen the night before. This was much funnier.

"5-4-3-2-1 have a nice ride." The lady said over the intercom.

The coaster started to move and the wind felt nice as it breezed over my face and through my messy ponytail. I could hear the loud clicks of the metal as we ascended, and Harry tried to get as far back in his seat as possible. The top of the climb started becoming closer and closer as suddenly we were over the top and plunging at a steep angle into the ground, only to be swooped up again by another climb.

I paid no attention the the throbbing in my hand from Harry squeezing so tightly, but when I felt bad for the small girl behind us that was screaming at the top of her lungs.

When the ride came to an end, I looked over at Harry who had finally let go of my hand and quickly began to fix his "windswept" hair. "I thought you said we were going to start small," he exclaimed.

"That was small," I giggled. We walked off the ramp and into the gift shop.

"Wasn't that fun?" I asked excitedly.

He shrugged nonchalantly and stuck his hands in the pockets. "Yeah, I guess.."

"Oh don't lie, you enjoyed it."

He tried to hide his smile and kissed my cheek. "It was alright. It wasn't as bad as I had originally thought. It was such a rush. I wouldn't kid going on another, actually."

"Good," I smiled. "Because that's all we're going to be doing today."

----------------------------------------------

AYE LONG TIME NO UPDATE HOW HAVE YOU GUYS BEEN

Sorry for like the 7 month wait :/

Keep reading ! When I left I had 1.9K reads and now I have almost 3K :))

5 votes for the next chapter ;*

Love you lots xx