Chapter 19

Please please please vote ! Thank you ilysm
---------------------------------------------

Anastasia's POV

I rummaged through the closet of extravagant gowns, and landed upon a strapless dress with what looked like diamonds all the way down to the knee and then faded into a gold fabric. There was a slit up the left side that started mid-thigh and I was glad I shaved my legs earlier. I laid the dress on my bed and ran into the bathroom to finish my hair. I curled it lightly and then teased and pinned up my bangs into a bump, and then pulled the rest into an elegant bun. I added some gold and bronze eyeshadow to my lids with brown eyeliner, and coated my eyelashes in mascara until they could touch my eyebrows. The light pink gloss on my lips made them extra shiny and they would definitely leave a mark on Harry.

Once I was finished, I headed over to bed to put on my dress. I took it off the hanger and stepped in, pulling the dress up. I was able to zip up the back about halfway, but it started to become a struggle the farther up I managed to get. As I tried to grab the zipper from a different position, I felt two large hands grasp mine and pulled them away, gently zipping up the rest of my dress.

"You scared me," I whispered as his lips pressed against my bare shoulder, his arms snaking around my waist to pull me against him.

"I'm sorry," he mumbled against my skin. "You know, whit your hair up like this, it gives me much more access to your beautiful skin."

Chills began to rise wherever his lips touched; the burning sensation they left that I could feel in every part of my body. "Harry," I breathed, my head tilting to the side as he kissed up to my jaw.

"I got you something."

"Hmm?" I could barely speak at the euphoria I felt at his presence.

He let go with one arm and reached into his pocket, pulling out a black box. My eyes darted to the velvet casing and my stomach churned at the possibilities. What the f.uck? Is he proposing? No, he can't be. We've been together, what... 2 months? Please don't propose to me. Oh my god, Harry.

I had to keep my breathing steady as I began to have a slight panic attack at the thought of him proposing. I mean, I wouldn't say no, but it would all seem so soon. I'm only 21... I can't get married yet.

"Open it," he said, holding the box out in front of me.

With shaky hands, I took the gift from Harry and careful opened. Inside was a beautiful pair of diamond earrings with a matching necklace, which shines brighter than anything I had ever seen before. It didn't realize I had been holding my breath until I breathed out in relief. I couldn't explain why I felt somewhat disappointed it wasn't a ring, but I pushed all thoughts of marriage to the back of my mind. Harry didn't love me, not did he want to marry me. I didn't want to get my hopes up about something that will never happen.

"Harry," I said somewhat speechless. "They're beautiful."

I could feel his smile against my skin as he placed a small kiss by my ear. "I picked it out myself. I wanted this gift to be special, even though they will never be as beautiful as you."

I could feel tears begin to form in the corners of my eyes and I blinked excessively to make sure they didn't fall. I didn't want to ruin my makeup.

I pulled the earrings out of the box and replaced my my old ones with the larger, more beautiful stones. As I pulled out the necklace, he held his hand out and waited for me to place it in his hand. I felt the cold metal against my chest as he fiddled with the clasp, but once it was secure I turned around, looking into his bright green eyes that looked darker than usual. They weren't dark with lust, or desire, or sexual tension, but with what looked like compassion, happiness, love.