Chapter 13

We had just finished saying the pledge of allegiance, and I sat in my seat anxiously as I waited for the graduation ceremony to be over. I was a nervous wreck. I knew that college graduation was something to be exited about, but honestly, I was scared to go out into the real world. It was full of responsibility, and I wasn't sure if I was ready for that or not.

I wasn't necessarily paying attention to the ceremony, but when one of the faculty members said Harry's name, my head shot up. I was utterly surprised to see him, and the fact that he was a speaker both shocked and angered me. It shocked me because I didn't expect to see him up there, but it angered me for the same reason. Why didn't he tell me that he was going to be speaking?

Harry cleared his throat and then began to speak. I didn't focus on what he was saying, mostly because my judgement was clouded by both my confusion and frustration. He looked absolutely lovely, though. A nice, fitted black suit with a red tie. His speech was so eloquent, words seemed to flow from his mouth like liquid gold, captivating everyone in the audience with his thick English accent. Even I was held captive in his fluency as each carefully written sentence caressed my senses and sent me into a haze. I barely noticed when the crowd started to applaud him.

After a few more speakers, it was time for diplomas. I was utterly mortified when I realized Harry was going to hand them out as well, knowing that the slightest physical contact, such as shaking his hand, would make me grow weak in the knees. Unfortunately, my last name started with "R" so I had to wait for what seemed like 300 people until my name was called
"Justice Quill," the superintendent called. Justice happily walked up and took her diploma from Harry, winking at him as she shook his hand.

I always hated her. She had a stupid name and never seemed to shut up about how her name was unique and how she was "destined for greatness".

I was so caught up in the slight anger I felt towards her actions that it took me by surprise when my name was called. "Anastasia Ramos."

I walked across the stage and took my weel-deserved Masters degree from Harry. I went to shake his hand, but instead he pressed his lips against mine, placing one hand on my lower back, and the other behind my head as he leaned me back and dipped me. I had to hold on to my cap so it didn't fall off, and I hooked my arm around the back of Harry's neck so I didn't fall. The noise level throughout the auditorium increased exponentially, but all I could focus on was the feeling of heat the coursing through my veins and the burning sensation of embarrassment. When he finally pulled away after what seemed like minutes, he fixed the tassel on my cap and grinned. My face flushed a color so deep I didn't think I was physically possible and I shot him a glance of mortification.

He didn't seem to mind much, but instead just looked at me like it was no big deal. I walked off of the stage and back to my seat, burying my face in my hands and praying that no one would confront me about what just happened.

When it was thankfully over, I met up with my parents and hugged them tightly. I was so happy that they could both be here, knowing that they have been divorced for almost seven years.

"We're so proud of you," my mother said, hugging me tightly.

"Thanks, mom."

"I honestly didn't think you had it in you," my dad joked. "I could've sworn you were going to be a high school dropout."

"Very funny," I retorted, rolling my eyes.

"Well if it isn't the golden girl herself." Harry's voice rang in my ears as he approached me from behind and kissed my cheek.

My mother smiled at the small gesture. "I see you have met someone, Ana."

"Mom this is-"

"Harry Styles," he interrupted. "It's very nice to meet you, Ms. Greene."