Chapter 9

I stayed up all night with Forests words repeating in my head.

'We'll kill him'

Were we really that different from everyone else that we are even capable of killing people.

"Yes." Forest whispers.

"Does everyone in the pack know, do my parents know and Evans!?" My eyes goes wide thinking how scared my parents and the whole pack must be of me.

Is that why they hated me? Did they sense danger and evil when seeing me?

"They don't know that white wolfs can have powers and are dangerous without their mates. They just know that white wolfs are very rare. Just don't tell anyone or else we're in danger." She says and I nod agreeing.

I grab my phone from my black desk and start typing in Johns number that he'd given me yesterday. I then text him to meet me outside my back yard telling him I needed to talk to him and he agrees saying he's on his way.

***

I sit on the nicely trimmed grass staring into the woods thinking over what I'm going to tell John, but come up with absolutely nothing. I then start to get nervous when I hear footsteps walking towards me from behind.

"Shit I can't do this." I tell Forest through the mind link and she groans.

"Fine I will." She says and takes over my body catching me off guard.

"Give me control back Forest!" I beg her but she shakes her head no making me feel completely paralyzed and useless.

Shit is this how she feels?

"Adelaide hey lov-" John cuts himself off when he stares into my eyes with a frown.

"He knows it's you." I say and Forest ignores me.

"Your eyes, their a pale blue. Am I speaking to your wolf?" He asks confused.

"Yes I'm Forest, Adelaides wolf." Forest says scooting away from him as he was too close to us and that makes him frown.

"Where's Adelaide?" He asks with worried eyes.

"She's fine. She just couldn't tell you herself-" I interrupt her. "Please go easy on him." She sighs.

"You have to stay away from us John." She says and his eyes go wide then pull onto my arm pulling me closer into a tight hug. Forest pushes him harshly away with a growl. "Please you can't do this! Don't leave me! What does Adelaide think of this? Let me speak to Adelaide!" John shouts coming closer as Forest takes a few steps back.

"Way to go easy on him! Let me talk to him!"

"No! Let me handle this just shut up!" Forest should and I immediately keep quiet just wishing this was all over with.

"No. She doesn't want to speak with you. Just leave us alone before someone gets hurt." Forest spits and stares at him with a filthy glare.

He doesn't say anything, he just stares at us with hurt broken eyes. Forest then gives me control back as he looks like he's given up on trying.

"I-I'm sorry." I say then walk away.