Chapter 17

The phone rang a couple of times and at the last minute he picked up making me sigh in relief. "M-Murphy it's Adelaide do you think you can come get me? It's okay if you c-can't-" I was then cut off. "I'm on my way just stay where you are." He tells me sensing how hurt and broken I sound.

"What if Aiden wakes up before Murphy gets here and hurts us again." My wolf whispers with fear.

I didn't say anything, I was too weak to respond to her. I didn't want to talk to her, talking to her reminded me that we hurt our mate. I know I shouldn't care but, I do. What if I would've lost control and killed him, I don't think I'd be able to live with myself.

"Adelaide" My eyes then meet warm brown ones. "Let's get you out of here yeah?" Murphy tells me pulling my hand softly and leading me to his car.

We were now driving for a couple of minutes with the radio off and the only sound you can hear was our breathing and the heat warming us. I stared out the window feeling calm as we pass the forest as it feels like a home to me. I wished I can go for a run, but I was scared thinking of the last time I was in the forest.

I killed someone.

"Adelaide." Murphy calls for me and I continue to stare out the window.

"What's your address?" He asks grabbing onto my hand giving it a warm squeeze.

"You can't take me there." I tell him thinking of my cheating father.

I don't think I can look at my mother again cause I'm afraid I might tell her what dad did behind her back. I don't even think I can look at my father  without thinking of bashing his face in.

"I'm not going back there." I add caressing his hand with my thumb.

"Then I guess you're going home with me love. I'll take you home whenever you're ready." He tells me and I give him a small smile then in seconds it turns into a frown as the things I'd done came crawling back into my mind.

We arrived at his house and turns out he lives alone in a one bedroom apartment. The apartment wasn't bad looking it had a warm home feeling to it and I felt safe. Murphy had just given me a long T-shirt to wear and I just finished changing into it in the bathroom. I then walk out and see him sitting on the bed waiting for me.

"I can sleep on the couch if you're not comfortable with me sleeping with you on the bed." He tells me scratching the back of his neck.

"No it's fine, I don't mind." I say and he nods his head getting under the covers and I do the same.

We lay there in a comfortable silence looking up at the dark ceiling.

"I never got to thank you Murphy for getting me out of there and for letting me stay here." I tell him turning to him surprised to see he was already staring at me.

"No problem." He whispers lightly caressing my cheek causing my eyes to shut at the gentle feeling.

"Are you ever going to tell me what happened to you? I can feel the pain radiating off of you love." He tells me and I open my eyes to him staring at me with worried ones.

"I don't want you to look at me different. This is the first time I've made a new friend in a while and I don't want to lose you." I say holding his hand tightly close to me as if I'm about to lose it.

"You won't lose me. Tell me when you're ready, I can wait." Was the last thing he said before my eyes closed to a dreamless sleep.
***

I wake up to Murphy's arms being tightly wrapped around my waist. I then managed to get out of his tight hold and run to the bathroom doing my business.

After I finished I washed my hands and stared at myself in the mirror. Looking back at me was a tired girl with bags under my eyes and messy hair. The bruises Aiden had left me healed but mentally I was hurt everywhere.

After I rejected him, I felt like I'd just lost something. There was a empty feeling in my heart that couldn't be fixed, but I had to do it. He hurt me too much.

And I'm afraid of what he's going to do next, I can feel something bad coming.

________________________

She has a cheating father oh shit! You're probably lost but it explains everything in chapter 18 :)