Chapter 24

Aiden

When I kissed her my brain lit on fire and the warmth spread throughout my entire body, it was even better than the one before because my mate kissed back. After that I was even more addicted to her than before, I couldn't bare to think I'd hurt her physically and mentally, I wanted to take it back but knew it was impossible.

The kiss was my salvation and my torment. I lived for them and I would die with the memory of them on my lips. I felt I'd gotten better with just her lips on mine, for I knew that if I lost her I would loose myself completely. She was the half that made me whole.

My wolf felt the same way, he hated us for hurting our precious mate.

Adelaide

I didn't pull away. The kiss was soft and gentle with sparks everywhere, it wasn't forced like the one in the woods. He wasn't angry, he was generally worried for me and surprisingly made it better. He wanted me to stop from crying, by doing it the best way possible.

The kiss made me forget about everything he'd done, and I did. Just during that kiss I forgot about the pain, and Murphy. I focused on how perfect his lips felt against mine, but it needed to be stopped.

I pulled away and lay my fourhead against his breathing heavily. "Why did you do that?" I whispered.

"I didn't want to see you crying anymore, I-It was all I can think of." He says pecking my lips.

"Stop" I tell him, he thankfully listens and pulls away staring at me with hurt eyes.

"T-That was a mistake." I get off the bed sitting on the chair trying to get as far as I can away from him.

"No, it wasn't a mistake. I know you felt what I felt." He tells me getting on his knees in front of me.

"I need to leave." I say about to get up but he stops me by hugging my thighs and his head laying on them as I sit.

"Please don't leave me." He then looks up at me with tears forming in his eyes, my wolf whimpers seeing our mate like this.

There was something seriously wrong with him, he was more broken then I was.

Minutes pass by and Aiden ended up sobbing into my chest unceasingly, hands clutching at my jacket. I hesitantly held him in silence, rocking him slowly as his tears soaked my chest. A tiny lapse let him pull away, blinking lashes heavy with tears, before he collapsed again, his howls of misery and guilt worsening. The pain must have come in waves, minutes of sobbing broken apart by short pauses for recovering breaths.

Then he stopped, as he fell asleep in my arms.
____________________________
Comment and vote :)