01 | sadness

kim hyerin

math - i hate it , i hate it so much. why? i suck at it obviously and also, my teacher sucks. the only things keeping me awake in class are my seatmates.

" stop doodling on your notebook and actually do notes..." jihoon reminded me for the 91738278 time today. i just rolled my eyes.

" apparently there's a new transfer student coming in tomorrow," daehwi whispered to me while trying not to get noticed by the teacher.

" oh, girl or guy? "

" i think it's a guy, he was from hasung boys school,"

" lee daehwi, stop talking to hyerin. take your stuff and move to the back with jinyoung!" oops she saw us.

" byebye my favourite seat partner," he fake cried then moved to sit beside jinyoung.

jihoon and i were best friends since childhood, we grew up together. i only met daehwi and jinyoung at the start of middle school so i've known them for almost 4 years already.

" do you still think of him?" jihoon asked out of no where.

" who?" i replied while doodling on my notebook.

" woojinie," i turned my head towards him.

" of course i do, i miss him a lot..." woojin was our friend too but he moved to busan when we were 6 and we haven't seen him since then.

+

" i wonder what the hasung guy would be like?" i rolled my eyes.

" why are you so interested in him anyway...."

" hasung has pretty good looking guys," jinyoung added, " maybe he'll be your type." he winked at me and i rolled my eyes.

suddenly i felt an arm wrap around my shoulder, " she's mine and mine only,"

" lol, park jihoon i don't belong to anyone," and he just winked at me.

+

incoming call from:
taehyung
accept | decline

"dongsaeng"

"oppa"

"ew"
"it sounds gross when you say it"

"lol "
"your gross"

"anyway"
"mum and dad are back !!"

"seriously?!"

"what"
"i'm always serious"

"tsK"

"they want to see jihoon too"
"so ask him to come over later"

"aye sir"

"oh my god"
"how many episodes of fairy tail have you watched"

"see you later"
"bye"

______

" my parents are back and they want to-"

" they want to meet me for dinner so i have to come over later right?" did he just read my mind?

" your phone was on speaker," he told me and giggled.

______

" mum, dad! your finally back!" i ran towards them and immediately hugged them. they had gone on a business trip with jihoons parents and it's been a month since i last saw them.

" hello mrs and mr kim! " jihoon greeted while taking off his shoes.

" oh jihoon, your here already." my father smiled warmly at him, after sitting down together and calling taehyung down their expression all turned serious and even i had never seen taehyung so serious before.

" jihoon-ah, from today on, you'll be staying with us."

" oh, my parents are not coming back anytime soon right?" he sighed. as much as he tried to be cheerful around me and my family, i knew he was always jealous. he was the only child and his parents were rarely home so i was his only source of company.

" your parents... they wanted to return earlier than us, so they flew back 2 days ago..." jihoon looked up, he was obviously excited to see his parents again and i held his hand and smiled at him.

" the plane that was supposed to return to seoul, crashed in turbulence... and they only confirmed this morning, your parents...weren't found..." i saw the hope in his eyes gone, i gripped his hand tighter, he couldn't take it anymore. tears started flowing out, and they wouldn't stop. i hugged him for 5 minutes straight till he could finally talk again.

" t-thank you s-so much, for taking m-me in and i'm sorry if, it's anymore trouble for you, hyejin...can we go to my place, i need to um... get my stuff."

while walking, we didn't talk. it wasn't awkward, i just knew that he needed some alone time but i hated seeing him like this. while i was helping him pack his things, i noticed him looking at an old photo of him with his parents and he started tearing up again. i hugged him from behind and comforted him, " everything's gonna be alright, i promise..."

jihoon was always there for me, whenever i needed to cry he was there, whenever i was angry, he was there. whenever i was happy, he was there and now it's my turn to return the favour.

" thanks hyerin... you are what i need in my life, and all i have left..."

🍘 edited