nana

all copyrights reserved.

[unedited]

(a/n: the picture on the left belongs to someone else though i did use it as a base; the right is my own edit, which is Hoshi Akurei. please do not steal.)

-7 years later-

"Shi-nii! Get up! We're gonna be late again!"

Kakashi groaned and pushed his face into his pillow, instantly falling back asleep.

"Shi-nii!" The voice shouted and threw open the curtains, sunlight streaming into the room. They pulled off the covers as well and left a shivering Kakashi in the middle of the bed.

"I'll give you three seconds." They threatened and the silver haired man jolted awake, not wanting to deal with his daughter's wrath.

"Okay I'm up! Mou, you're so mean now, Akurei. What happened to you?" He cried and she rolled her forest green eyes.

"I really ought to knock some sense into you." She muttered and walked out of the room, long, green hair wisping out the door. 

"Mean." Kakashi pouted and scratched his head, seeing his uniform hanging on his chair. He smiled and mentally thanked his foster daughter.

Many things have changed now. 3 years ago, Kakashi resigned from his ANBU career, and the Third and current Hokage thanked him for his harsh years of service. Now, he was an ordinary jounin and a genin team sensei but, Akurei on the other hand... the 12 year old girl was still an ANBU and served directly under the Hokage with now, a team of her own.

Every time she went on missions, Kakashi was always reluctant to let her go because they went for such a long time. The shortest mission she went on ever since Kakashi left the ANBU, was a month. They were also always A to S-ranked missions, decreasing her survival chance by at least 60%. 

"Are you ready?" Akurei shouted from the kitchen and Kakashi finished just in time. He walked into where Akurei was and leaned on the counter, watching her pack her backpack.

"What's the hurry?" Kakashi asked, grabbing an apple and tossing it up and down.

"Says you." She muttered and zipped her small backpack up, slinging it onto her back. She unhooked her black and white fox mask from her belt and slipped it on. 

"Last one there is a a lazy-ass ninja." Akurei mused and raised her hand, disappearing as a cloud of smoke.

Kakashi placed the apple down with a sigh, and performed the jutsu himself, reappearing in front of the Hokage tower just before his daughter. The green haired ANBU turned her masked face towards him and shook her head, huffing. The jounin merely shrugged and stuffed his hands into his pockets, strolling in with Akurei right behind him.

They walked through the corridors and often stopped to greet people, reaching the Hokage's door in no time. Akurei rapped on the thick wood and Kakashi momentarily glanced at her knuckles, which were already starting to bruise, before returning to read his book.

He leaned against the wall with his right knee bent and foot flat against the surface. His arms were crossed as he held his orange, perverted book in his right hand.

"Come in." They heard and Akurei opened the door, seeing the Third Hokage sitting at his desk with a cigar bouncing between his thin lips.

"Hokage-sama." Akurei greeted and shut the door behind her before getting onto one knee and bowing her head.