kyuu

[unedited]

"Want me to keep going?" Akurei mused and Sasuke wheezed in pain.

Dust and sweat stuck to the two friends, indicating the intense 'battle' that took place. The sun was beginning to sink over the Hokage rock behind them and the dust from the training field hung heavily in the air, turning throats dry. Currently, the green haired girl had the raven boy in a tight headlock, pointing a kunai at his temple.

"Fine! Get off!" Sasuke snapped and Akurei hummed approvingly, loosening her death grip and releasing the Uchiha. Sasuke gasped and inhaled air, coughs hacking at his body.

"Oh shit, you okay Sasuke?" Akurei asked worriedly and he let loose a small smirk.

"Hn, you really need to hold back more." He commented and she scratched her face, sweat dropping.

"Sorry, sorry." She sheepishly apologised and he rolled his onyx eyes, standing up and walking over to a tree.

"Whatever. It's getting late and Kakashi will kill me if I don't get you home." Sasuke said and she groaned.

"Urgh, so bothersome. Whyyy." She whined and fell backwards onto the ground. The loud thud make Sasuke wince a little.

"C'mon. I'll give you a piggy back." Sasuke emotionlessly offered and she immediately sprang up, jumping up and down like a kid.

"Yay! Leggo!" She cheered and leaped onto his back, making him stumble. A scowl creeped onto his face as he regained footing.

"Go go, Suke!" She laughed and Sasuke felt light happiness bloom inside of him, even though he knew she was faking it.

"Alright alright." He grumbled and leaped up into a tree, resuming towards Kakashi's residence.

As he leaped from rooftop to rooftop, Akurei took the moment to take in the village. She didn't really have any time to, now that she thought of it. The villagers looked so genuinely happy, with their families and friends. They looked so carefree, like they've been living in peace and happiness their whole life, which they probably have.

"We're here, idiot." Sasuke pulled her out of her trance and she looked down at him, flicking his head.

"Says the one and only." She retorted and got off him, patting herself down and grinning.

"It was nice being with you again, Suke. See you tomorrow okey~?" She stuck or a hand and his eyebrow twitched.

"Shut up." He muttered but couldn't stop a smirk from creeping onto his face as he shook her small hand.

"Night, Suke." Akurei waved and he took off, glancing back with his hands in his pockets.

"Hn."

***********

"Akurei~ wake up~" Kakashi yawned from her door but she remained silent under her thick duvets.

Kakashi strolled in and cocked his head to the side, waiting for some fort of response. Seeing none, he grabbed the blankets, and pulled them off her, leaving the green haired girl curled up in a ball.

"Akurei." Kakashi tried again but to no avail.

He sighed and walked over to the curtains, throwing them open. Bright sunlight filled the room and directly onto Akurei's bandage-masked face. She groaned and covered her face with her hands but Kakashi jabbed her side, making her jolt awake.

"Shi-nii! What the hell?" She sat up and rubbed her head.

"You're late." Kakashi replied and she stopped.