34• Sirens Can't Sing

Chapter 34-
Sirens Can't Sing

"Serena's voice is full of paranormal acoustic energy. She's affecting people's brains." Ethan says as some waves pop up of the screen, "Rory?" He calls, as said vampire sits down next to Ethan.

"Okay, so this is Rory's normal brainwave pattern. Pretty dead." Ethan explains, "I'm laid back dude. Why stress?" Rory says.

"Play a bit of classical music... and Rory is nice and calm." Benny says from beside me, playing the music and Rory's brainwaves change.

"But, as soon as Benny plays even a second of Serena's song..." I say, as Benny presses the button, and Rory's brainwaves go crazy and he tries to eat his own arm.

"And Rory tries to bite his arm off." Sarah says, pulling Rory's arm away. "So, Serena is a Siren. How do we stop her?" Sarah asks.

"Well, according to Greek mythology, and Whata-pedia, the Sirens lost a singing contest to the Muses and were destroyed by their own jealousy." Ethan explains.

"Too bad we don't know the Muses' agent." Rory says, and that's when Ethan turns around as if a light switch was flicked.

"What if we become the Muses? We get into that talent show, and when she turns on us, we use her own song against her." Ethan suggests.

"How?" I ask, befuddled. "I mean, what if she likes her own "yeah" voice?" Benny asks, screaming the 'yeah'.

"Yeah." Ethan mumbles, thinking, "But we could rig up a phase inverter and send a negative image of her own evil harmonics, right back at her!" Ethan says, getting a clip board out and showing a little diagram thing.

"Yeah! The old evil-harmonic-phase-inverter trick! Could work." Benny says, "Yeah! We should totally invert her face. But how do we get on the show and be good enough to make her jealous?" Rory asks.

"And we'd have to get really close for the phase inverter to even work." Benny points out, "Simple. Music today is all done on computers. We just gotta figure out the formula for the perfect song." Ethan explains.

"Okay. Well, just in case you three don't become the hottest boy band of all time, I'll go tell Erica we may need some more kicks in our dance routine." Sarah says, getting up and leaving.

"Good idea." Ethan says nodding.

"Guys, we should totally drop one of MC MonsterBat's tracks. My beats make people feel good. We'd be called MC MonsterBat and the Muses." Rory says.

"No." Ethan starts, "Muse-atronics!" Ethan and Benny yell simultaneously, making me jump.

*

"So we're just gonna hang around backstage like losers?" Erica asks, "We're here to help. Once Serena hits the stage, things are going to get crazy." I point out.

"If she opens her mouth again, things will get crazy." Erica says, "You're really mad." Sarah says, "Yeah, well?" Erica says, walking off.

Sarah and I follow and wait beside the stage as the boys walk on stage, "This'll be good..." I mumble.

"Hit it, Benny!" Ethan yells, then Benny starts with the drums. The song is... interesting, and not too bad to be honest...

"Hey, I heard about your little dance implosion. Whoops." Serena says, that bitch.
Erica walks forward and hisses, and Sarah quickly grabs her, "Ignore her."
"She'll be toast in a few minutes, anyway." I add.

I look back on stage and Rory starts rapping, and it's again... interesting.

When the boys start singing about cake, Serena moves up beside me and watches, oh boy...

And then Rory stars doing the worm, and Serena looks pissed. "These people are mine!" She yells, and then starts singing and I quickly get my ear plugs to block out some of the screeching.

"Stop it! These people need to feel my pain! And so do you." Serena says. And that's when Erica comes out and li is up a speaker, walking to Benny.

"Benny!" I yell, but then Erica throws the speaker at the machine. Then Sarah runs out and grabs Erica, I run out to help as well.

"We got her, you deal with Serena!" Sarah yells, as Erica struggles against us.

Erica kicks me into the stomach and speed slams Sarah into the wall, I run over and grab Erica from behind, pulling her away from Sarah.

"Ethan, hurry up!" Sarah yells. That's when I hear a ear piercing screech and I accidentally let go of Erica, and she pushes me back, going after Sarah as I fall into heaps of equipment.

I curse as I stand back up, with pain stinging in my left side for some reason, then I realise Erica and Sarah have stopped fighting, Erica looks at Sarah and I and her face turns apologetic, fast, "I'm so sorry!" She says, I smile and am about to say that I didn't care but then she's running over to me.

"Oh my god! Your bleeding!" She yells, "Huh?" I ask as I look down, and my shirt has some blood on the side, I pull it up and just see a bit of blood, "Oh it's fine, must've got cut on so equipment back there, but it's healed. I'm fine." I reply.

"Oh... I'm really sorry, both of you." She apologises again, "It's fine, Erica." Sarah says, walking over.

That's when we hear a loud applause, so we come out from backstage and see the boys on stage, bowing.

I've never been more proud of Benny, well all of them, but mostly Benny.

[ 917 Words ]
Not a lot, sorry.
BUT LOOK! I UPDATED! Next chapter is gonna be the Halloween one. :3