Hitchhiking After School

Holly's POV

I was so caught up in the latest Castle episode! It was so good! All I could do is stare at the screen and walk at the same time, I was bankrupt so I couldn't take the cab or the bus, so I do what I usually do, hitchhike. I know hitchhiking isn't common to be seen now but since I live in LA, public transport are not really good and the area where I lived and go to school has more cars than usual, so it's pretty easy for me to hitchhike.

I got into a car and told him to take me to my place, the driver nodded and I continued watching Castle on my phone, one episode later the driver told me that I'm already where I want to be, so I got off without looking up from my phone.

But when I finally decided to put away my phone I realized I was in a mysterious place where I'm not familiar with, I don't think this is anywhere in LA, LA is not that busy and crowded. Strangely though, I found this place vaguely familiar, I have seen this before somewhere, but I have no idea where I have seen this place before.

I walked around and found out that I am in the middle of nowhere, so I gathered my courage and asked the people for clues on where am I.

"Hi, excuse me, can you tell me where am I now?" I asked a boy who looked like he was ten or something.

"It's Manhattan, duh," he said and walked away.

I was shocked, I am not in LA! I'm in New York! How did that happen? New York and LA are on the opposite ends of the coast of North America! I just watched one episode of Castle and I'm already in New York, which is a three hour plane ride away from LA! Let alone a car!

I knew I had no place to stay for the night, so I decided to sleep in an alley, then go to the cops for help, at eight p.m. I found an alley which is pretty clean and prepared to sleep, but a bloodcurling scream prevented me from sleeping, I walked over to see what it is, but I only saw a woman, who was lying there lifeless, her eyes are open with horror and a couple of stab wounds to the chest, she was still struggling. And then I saw a manly figure running away, I screamed. Though I watch Castle a lot, but I'm still afraid of blood and that sort of stuff.

I shakily took out my phone and dialed 911, "Hello? This is Holly Morris speaking, I am in an alley and I am with a woman who is just stabbed to the chest a couple of times and I saw a man running away from the crime scene."

"Madam, please stay calm and tell me where you are right now?"

"I have no idea, can you trace this call?" I asked, of course I don't know where I am, I'm from LA!

"Okay, please stay there until officers come and take your statement, thank you," and with that, they hung up.

I stayed there shakily, I just found a dead body with no idea why am I in New York instead of LA, I tried to call my mom on my phone, but they said the phone number is unregistered, what the hell happened to me?
--------------------------------------------
Author's Note: Hi, so this is my first fanfic here, I think this idea would work. Tell you something, this is actually my English homework, I got the idea from the topic and decided to post it here, thanks for reading! Please comment as I would like to know where should I improve on and what should I add into it!