Study Date? Or Just Study?

Chapter dedicated to BriannaPawlaczyk, thanks for the idea and all of your constant support!

---------------------------------------------

Holly's POV

Castle and Beckett didn't allow me to hang out at Dylan's place, I'm okay with it. I'm usually not very comfortable when a guy and I are at a house ALONE.

Dylan insisted that we study at the library together, I was reluctant at first. But Dylan could be quite tempting, I gave in and he asked me to tutor him at chemistry and biology.

"You still don't get it?" I asked.

"Nope."

I slammed my head on the desk in the library. I have used every way possible to teach Dylan about the latest chapter in chemistry (A/N I don't know what chemistry class includes so I'm just gonna put it this way).

"I should get Alexis to tutor you," I sighed.

"No Holly, I just want you."

"Pardon me?" I asked with my tone raised.

"I mean, I just want you to tutor me."

I rolled my eyes and continued.

"Alexis is great at it. Why me? I suck at chemistry."

"Getting a 86 at a pop quiz in chemistry counts as good, not suck. I got a 35, that's what I call suck."

"But how come you didn't have a lab partner?"

"Cuz I'm attractive, and I volunteered to fly solo," he said proudly.

"Shut up, I don't think it's the reason why you flew solo before I came."

"It's true! Well actually it's because my previous partner kept bothering me, and so she was dumped next to her current partner, who is the best in chemistry. And I am left to fly solo."

"So who is this previous partner?" I asked playfully.

"Gloria Monroe, know her?"

I tried to think of a 'Gloria Monroe', but at the name 'Gloria' I could only think of the fat hippo in 'Madagascar'.

"No... the name makes me think of the fat hippo in Madagascar."

"Well this Gloria is the complete opposite, she's skinny and somewhat pretty."

"Somewhat?"

"She's pretty on the outside, but she's a monster on the inside."

"Describe her."

"Blonde wavy hair, blue eyes, the girl who sits diagonally in front of you in homeroom."

"Meanie blondie?!" I said loudly.

"Silence!" boomed the old librarian.

"Meanie blondie?" I asked quietly.

"Who's Meanie Blondie?"

"The girl who keeps giving me the stink eye in homeroom and all the classes we have together!"

"I think so, she's pretty upset about you and me."

"Why?"

"She confessed her crush on me a month ago. I declined her so she kept nagging me about it. That's why she was no longer my lab partner and everything," he explained.

"Wow... that's quite... extraordinary."

I didn't know what to say, but what I do know is we never got any studying done.

---------------------------------------------

Beckett's POV

I am sitting in the precinct doing paperwork, AGAIN. There were no cases recently and we got the other murder solved, but no leads on Holly's driver or whatsoever related to Holly's appearance.

"Hey Beckett," Castle sat down on his chair, handing me a cup of coffee.

"Thanks Castle... so... are you here to cheer me up or just to stare at me doing paperwork?"

"Definitely watching you do paperwork," he smirked.

I rolled my eyes and looked at the two boys in front of me, who are also busy with paperwork.

"You try doing it, it sucks."

"Yeah, I can see that from your constant nagging."

"I do not nag!" I said with a high pitch.

"Oh yes you do," said the two boys, turning to face me.

I gave them the look and they looked intimidated.

"By the way, where's Holly?"

"At the library with her friend," I said.

"What friend?"

"A boyfriend," said Castle.

"One day at school and she got a boyfriend?!" Esposito said in shock.

"A friend who is a boy, not the dating kind of boyfriend!" I said and punched Castle's arm playfully.

"That was quick. So how long is she staying?"

"When we find her parents she's gonna go back."

The boys kept talking about how amazing Holly is and all that, but I got lost into my own thoughts of my own world...

-------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Quick notice here! It's July, it's Camp NaNoWriMo, so I will update less this month but please stay tuned!