Karaoke Night

Holly's POV

All this time I was in New York, I learnt one thing about Castle, he loves parties. It has only been three days since the dinner gathering, and now Castle invited the 12th Precinct family over for a karaoke night.

I know that Beckett rocks at singing, I watched Last Call, she can sing really well. I also watched a clip on YouTube, it was a clip of Jon and Seamus singing, so I bet Ryan and Esposito can sing as well.

I can sing, but not as well as Beckett, Ryan, Lanie or Esposito. I joined choir in kindergarten and elementary school, then in middle school I got promoted to solo singing. I was actually planning to join an interschool singing competition and I was practicing Heart Attack by Demi Lovato, until that driver showed up and drove me to New York.

"Hey girlfriend! Ready for karaoke night? I brought in everything we need, karaoke CDs, food, drinks..." Lanie said excitedly as she entered the loft.

"I'm so totally ready, we could have a drinking contest! Beckett joined in.

"I put fifty on it that Beckett will beat Castle," I said.

"Good move Holly," Lanie smiled at me.

Ten minutes after Lanie arrived, Esposito, Jenny and Ryan arrived.

"Hey guys, where's Sarah Grace?" Castle asked.

"I left her at my mom's while we enjoy the night," Jenny answered.

"So now everyone's here, let's get this party started!"

--------------------------------------------------

I just sat on the couch while everybody had fun, I'm always the shy girl, so I just sat and watched.

"Lanie I'll definitely kick your ass at karaoke," Esposito challenged.

"Oh yeah? Javier Esposito you're on!" Lanie accepted as she grabbed the mike.

They're both a bit drunk, everyone is except for me and Alexis, so they were going crazy about karaoke.

Lanie chose 'Just Give Me A Reason' by P!nk, both of them can sing really well, as the last note faded everyone erupted into cheers.

"Hey Holly! Why don't you sing?" Beckett offered.

"Wait, what? Me?"

"Holly you haven't spoken for the whole night! Come on!" Lanie pushed me.

"Okay," I said slowly. I took the remote and picked Heart Attack. I put the remote down and picked up my microphone.

The music started to play and suddenly my mom appeared in front of me, then I gathered up my courage and sang the first few lines.

When the song gets louder, my confidence grows, I started to sing like I did in the shower.

I end the last note with a halt like it did in the song, then everyone applauded, I grinned like an idoit and sat down.

"I had no idea you can sing so well!" Jenny said.

"I don't sing often," I lied.

"You can ask her to sing Let It Go and she can hit the high note," Beckett said.

In less than twenty seconds, I'm already singing Let It Go, this time, Ryan stuffed me the mike.

"Hey Ryan! Esposito! Why don't you sing a duet?" I yelled.

"What should we sing?" Ryan asked.

"One and the Same by Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato!"

So the two detectives grabbed the mikes and I played the song, halfway through it I noticed Castle was holding up his phone. So I sat next to him adn looked at the screen. Sure enough, Castle is video taping the boys singing a girls' duet.

"What are you recording that for?"

"Blackmail, the boys are not gonna get away with it."

Oh I can just imagine Castle blackmailing the boys.

After two hours our voices are all cracked, Lanie talked Beckett and Castle into a drinking contest. We all put money on who will win. Esposito, Lanie, Jenny and I put money on Beckett and Ryan and Alexis bet on Castle. Of course Esposito will bet on Beckett and Ryan will bet on Castle. Esposito is 'Mommy's Boy' and Ryan is 'Daddy's Boy'!

No surprise, Beckett won. We all know Beckett usually wins in the season finale of season 2, I counted my money, I put out ten bucks, and now I have fifty bucks in hand!

And as the clock strikes twelve, I fell asleep on the couch.

-----------------------------------------

So to honor my very free Wednesday and Thursday, I wrote a chapter in one lesson! I'm just gonna put up Heart Attack so if you haven't heard of it, you can check it out.