Evidence

Holly's POV

Beckett brought me to the precinct to show her where the cassette is, I was so close to the season finale! But instead that driver had to bring me here just a couple days before the season finale of season six.

"Okay Holly, here's my desk, knock yourself out," Beckett said hopefully.

I grabbed the elephants and examined it, I ran my fingers over the ceramic. Then I felt a groove, I looked at it closely, it was a compartment. I yanked it open and the tape dropped on Beckett's desk with a small thud.

"Holly, you're a genius," Beckett breathed as she picked up the tape.

I set the elephants back to their original position and looked at Beckett, she still looked shocked.

"This is the break Holly, and you found it."

"So why don't we take it to the captain?"

"Oh right, I'll go," Beckett said and went into Gates's office.

----------------------------------------------

Beckett's POV

I can't believe a 14 year old helped me solve my mom's murder which is 15 years old! Man, the case is even older than Holly herself! I know the tape might not really be evidence but I'll give it a shot anyway.

"Captain Gates?" I knocked on her door.

"Yes Detective Beckett?"

"I think I have a lead on my mother's murder."

"I thought you stayed off the case."

"Well, you know Holly is not from this world right? Well she knows where the evidence is and she found it," I held up the tape.

"Then who do you suspect?"

"Senator Bracken sir."

"Senator William H. Bracken?"

"Yes sir."

"Why? He's a senator, he wouldn't kill your mother."

"When I was supended, I did go after Maddox. The file that got blew up is supposed to be evidence agains him. We put together a bank account number that belonged to him sir. But now I think I have the evidence."

"Well then Detective, let's hear it."

----------------------------------------------

Holly was right, the tape is Bracken confessing to Montgomery about the murder of my mother.

"Well Detective, I suggest you go and make an arrest," Gates said.

"Thankyou sir," I said and exited the office.

"Well?" Holly asked.

"We'll nail him Holly, Castle! Ryan! Espo!"

"What?" the three boys turned to me.

"I have evidence that can nail Bracken, come on!"

----------------------------------------------

Bracken is in New York, so Castle and I jumped into my car and the boys got into theirs, when we arrived Bracken is at a meeting.

"Senator Bracken?" I entered the room.

"Detective Beckett! What brings you here?"

"Senator we would like to ask you a few questions on a case."

"What case?"

"The murder case of Johanna Beckett."

"Call my lawyer Detective."

"We found evidence, so you either come to the precinct with me or I'll have you in cuffs."

Bracken surrendered and he hesitatingly got into Esposito and Ryan's car.

----------------------------------------------

Holly's POV

I waited at Castle's chair for Beckett, the adults wouldn't let me in the Observation Room cuz they say I'm only 14. For god's sake Castle let Cosmo/Benny in!

Then I saw an officer taking Bracken out of interrogation, IN CUFFS. And Beckett came out, looking great.

"You nailed him?"

"Totally, thanks Holly!" Beckett said gratefully.

"The least I can do for letting me in."

I received compliments from everyone including Gates. Maybe I'm not such a big burden after all.