Chapter One

I made a poll on Quotev to determine the color of Mark's floof. If you'd like to take it, please go to the comments, where I put the link:

RIGHT HERE

(L/R) = left or right, you get to choose

(Color) = color(s) of your choice

You watched your best friend (B/F) shuffle inside your home, carrying a box much too big for her small arms. You didn't bother to ask if she needed help, for she would've asked for it if she did, and there was still lots of things to get out of the rented moving trailer. (B/F) had called you up one day to ask if you were still living alone in your homeーas casually as she couldーto which you responded with a simple yes. That was yesterday.

"Was it truly necessary to bring your entire apartment with you?" You grumbled, adjusting the (Color) paracord bracelet on your (L/R) wrist. The only reason you would wear such an item around your wrist was because your brother Shayne made it for you. He had said he was making you one whether you would wear it or not. [Paracord bracelet below]

Shayne was not like you or your parents, and although you asked your parents already, no he was not adopted

Shayne was not like you or your parents, and although you asked your parents already, no he was not adopted. While your parents were workaholics and taught you to view everything as a checklist to be completed with maximum effort, your brother didn't have the same views on things. He was much more free-spirited, and your parents made it clear they disapproved of the way he lived. You agreed with them; you didn't get things done right unless you had the right mindset.

You walked with quick steps towards the dingy trailer and removed a white lamp with fashionable trim on the shade and a pile of books stacked on top of each other, varying in length and size. As you hefted them into your arms, the glasses on your nose slipped down a little bit. After your graduation many years ago, you had gone back to wearing glasses as soon as your year-long supply of contacts ran out. Contacts cost money you weren't willing to spend when you had perfectly good glasses. Besides, you needed the money to pay for college.

You were going to become a lawyer, the best Yale had ever seen. However, you met a girl named Cosette who introduced you to gaming. It fascinated you how creators could miss key aspects that made a game great, so you gained a new goal you were going to complete: create the best video game anyone had ever seen.

So after you had finished your college years and got your diploma, instead of going to find your first job at a law firm you reconnected with Cosette and got a job at the video game place she worked at. It was similar to a GameStop, but it was named 5 Lives. You assumed it had something to do with lives in a video game.

After securing your job with 5 Lives you studied all the games you could, even played some to gain knowledge on what they lacked and what was enjoyable. Your boss was a relatively chill person, one who usually didn't care too much when one of his employees came in late, but although you didn't care for his work ethic he came in handy for your research.