Chapter Thirty-One

~Takes place a while later

The dinner went well and your parents went home. They approved of him enough to let you stay with each other, not that you would've broken up because they said so.

Since that day you decided to stay with Mark in his home, offering to help pay rent for the apartment. Your old place you sold, as (B/F) mysteriously disappeared. You had no clue where she was, and she didn't answer any texts or calls you sent her. Yesterday you had been told that number was no longer in service. You still held onto the few things she left behind though, in case she came back.

Right now Mark was away at PAX, coming home either today or tomorrow depending on if he wanted to stay a little longer or not. You had a feeling he was going to choose to stay mostly because his friends were there, and if he did that'd give you the chance to make some cookies before he got back. You still weren't the best at cooking but at least you could do it.

A buzz came from your phone near you on the counter, and after placing Chica next to you on the couch, you went over to see who it was. You adjusted your glassesーyou were feeling a wee bit lazy today and didn't want to take time to put in your contacts.

SHAYNE: (Y/N)!

You hadn't talked in quite a while, not since you thanked him for dealing with your parents.

YOU: Yes Shayne?

SHAYNE: I sent you something in the mail, would you go get it?

Heading for the door, you typed back a response.

YOU: How do you know it's there today?

SHAYNE: I checked online

YOU: How do you know we have our mail already?

SHAYNE: ...Ok, so I might've looked in your mailbox...

You sighed, opening the door and making sure Chica stayed inside as you left.

YOU: I'm going to see what it is now.

You slid your phone into your back pocket and looked both ways before crossing the street to the collection of mailboxes. You found Mark's and opened it, seeing thin white envelopes along with an orange package. Carefully pulling out the orange object so the other mail wouldn't come out too, you popped it open to see what was inside. It was another (Color) paracord bracelet. [Paracord bracelet below]

 [Paracord bracelet below]

YOU: Another one?

SHAYNE: It's for your other arm. Do you like it?

YOU: I love it, thank you!

You still hadn't gotten around to using emojis, you just didn't understand the need for them. Tucking the package under your arm, you unclasped the buckle and wrapped it around the wrist opposite the one your original bracelet was on. You put your wrists together and admired the expert craftsmanship Shayne put into these.