Chapter Twenty-Four

Opening up your email for what had to be the first time that week, you checked through the random unread emails. One of them was from a YouTuber you didn't recognize with the subject being INTF ITSS. You clicked and read through it. It was basically asking you if you would share your game with them so they could play through it.

Typing back a quick email, you agreed to send them a copy as long as they paid $20. It wasn't as much as the starting price because you viewed this as a way of getting your game more well known and you wanted them to play it. You just wondered how they got ahold of your email.

Your phone ringing, you checked it in hopes to see it was Mark, but it was the company that was publishing your game. Answering, you asked why they were calling.

"We're ready to bring your game to stores, but we want to know which stores you'd like to sell it to," the person said. You told them what you had in mind and they replied, and this went on for a while until you figured it all out.

When the call was finally drawing to a close, they told you that you could call this number at any time to know how the sales were going. They also were happy to help change things per your request if needed.

"Thanks," you nodded.

"No problem ma'am. Have a good day," they ended the call. You leaned back in your chair, nearly tipping it over. Goodness this stuff drained you. Your phone rang again and you lazily leaned over it to see who it was.

Snapping out of your drowsiness, you answered with a peppy "Mark!"

"Someone's happy to hear from me," he laughed.

"I just got done talking to someone sent by Fancy Pants to help out with selling INTF." It took him a second to remember who Fancy Pants was, then he noddedーwhich you couldn't see.

"Sounds fun."

"Definitely not. Anyway, why the sudden call?"

"I was meaning to ask if you'd like to go somewhere with me, a waterpark specifically."

"Sounds fun. When exactly?"

"Tomorrow?"

"Sure. You'll pick me up when?"

"6 a.m. We want to be there early."

"Sounds good, see you then!" You were feeling looser each day, and this 'childish' date made it feel like maybe you were finally getting into this new you.

~ー~

Shayne made you wear a more revealing swimsuit than the two you already had, insisting that it was the perfect outfit. You just went with his advice when (B/F) agreed with him, and then it was time to go. Sliding a light blue cover-up on before going out the door, you called into the house that you'd be back later.

As you got into the passenger seat, you set your drawstring bag with your phone, cash, and towel at your feet. Mark greeted you and started up a conversation as you drove to the waterpark, and once he pulled in, it reminded you of when you both went on that double date with Cosette and James. Except the parking lot was in much better shape and this was a waterpark, not the beach.

Strolling up to the gates, you took in the view of the outdoor waterpark. It was amazing; kids and adults were everywhere, slides with water running down them lined the path you two were walking down, there was a lazy river in a wavy circle in the corner, a wave pool where kids were giggling and trying to touch the end wall where the waves were produced and sent back towards shore.

"Wow," you breathed. Mark smiled down at you and lead you to a spot where beach chairs rested. They were covered in people's stuff, sometimes spanning down an entire row just to take up space. It wasn't like the owners of that stuff would be filling any of those chairs, so why the need for so many?