Lesson 3

Logan found himself standing in front of a castle. 

Well,  a bit smaller than those usual huge medieval castles. But, for Logan it does look more like a warm and charming home. It was all beige cobble stones and gray roof shingles  with a tower by the front part of the house with tall, wide windows.The landscape was vast, with green landscaped and pine trees all over. 

The Sullivan Residence. Half a fantasy, half cozy. He told himself as he took a deep breath. He knew that this is something dangerous and when he get caught, he would be in a deep deep trouble. But the thought of the money, the benefits , he shook them all away.

Besides, he's been doing exceptionally well for the last 3 years.

He took a step forward, bringing with him his suitcase and walked towards the front porch. He followed the stone paths heading up, look at the gazebo far from him and notice someone sitting by the ledge before shifting his sight towards the porch area.

When he finally stepped on it, he pushed the doorbell as it made a soft gentle ring. A few seconds later, the door opened and showed up a young maid with her light blue apron.

"Good morning." He said along with his charming smile. He knew it worked when he saw how the maid became breathless and dreamy. "I have come for the etiquette trainer ad. I am interested with position. May I know who should I be speaking with?"

"M-Mr. S-Su-Sulliv-van, sir." the maid said, softly. "You-you can wait inside wh-while I-I call him."

Logan smiled at this. "Thank you very much. I'll gladly wait. I am Travis Wellington, if you need to know."

"Travis. Yes. Sir Travis. Please come inside." The maid opened the door widely for him and smelled him when he entered the house. She sighed dreamily and rushed to call her master.

Meanwhile Logan had his eyes wander around the round foyer, admiring the medieval rustic interior. It was still in stones but it was obviously renovated a lot but still the old and rustic character remains. He let his hands feel the smooth surface of the old stain finish of the round table. He let his eyes wander at the crystal chandelier above him and followed where the round staircase goes up to the upper floor and wondered who could be the other people living in this magnificent home.

When he heard footsteps from the west wing of the house, he fixed himself.

"Mr. Travis Wellington." A man in his 50's with a well combed brunette hair and pale skin, came towards him, already lifting his hand towards Logan which he took it and shook it firmly. "I am Charles Sullivan."

"Pleasure to meet you, sir." He said. He was well-suited, he observed although the bags in his eyes showed how tired he is and the wrinkles around his eyes, making him older and worn out. But despite these, Logan admitted that he was still a pleasant and decent looking man.

"Please follow me towards my study room." He smiled, showing more of his wrinkles and together, they went towards the west side of the wing and turned right where Mr. Sullivan opened the door inside his study. He went towards his table and sat on his brown leather chair with a high back. "Please seat. Make yourself comfortable. Should I offer you tea? Water? juice perhaps?"

"I'm perfectly fine, sir. Thank you." He said and sat on the arm chair.

"So, you are interested in the position."

"That's right, sir."

Mr. Sullivan nodded and leaned on his table. "I am going to be frank with you, Travis. You are not the only  person who has come and had an interest with the ad about being an etiquette trainer but normally, they don't look like you."