Lesson 18

Dinnertime was usual except Leo was present and has been talking non-stop about his trip to Prague with his immediate family. Christina complained why she can't go with them even though she was his fiancee.

"Immediate family only, dear. Just mommy, dad and me."He replied. "But I got you some things though but I'll show it later. Anyway, as I was saying-"

Olivia cleared her throat. "I'm sure you had a wonderful time in Prague, Leo. We can hear about it all later. Now, Charles dear, do you have any news about Polo-lacrosse Charity Event? I heard from Daphne Vanderbilt that the Astors and the Salvatores are also joining the event."

Christina squealed at this news. "Are you serious, Mother?!"

Charles nodded at this. "Yes, that is absolutely right, dear. Not only them but the Kingstons are participating as well." Olivia and Christina gasped; Deborah's eyes widen; Leo's jaw dropped; Logan was surprised even. Chrysalis only looked at their surprise faces, completely have no knowledge who the Kingstons are. 

"The Kingstons? As in the Kings Group?" Leo asked in awe.

"Yes. Maximus Kingston is expanding their company again and he's been looking for another business that he can hold on and for him, to marry his children to other children would attract more promising business partnerships." Charles shared.

"Then this is really a huge event this year. No wonder a lot of elites are joining." Olivia said. 

"Will all of his children join?" Logan asked. Shit. I can't go to this event. A lot of nobles and elites are coming. The chances of meeting my victims is very high. They might recognize me and my whole cover will be blown.

 "Two, as I have heard. Regulus and Regina, the youngest son and daughter. The son is 24 and the daughter is turning 20."

"24? Why, Deborah might have a chance!" Olivia chuckled.

"Mother." Deborah shook her head.

"Who knows, Chrysalis might capture the son's eyes too." Charles chuckled.

Christina rolled her eyes. "Please. I don't think anyone is going to notice her at all."

"Then it is your job, Travis, to make Chrysalis noticeable to young noblemen and elites. You must be at the charity event tomorrow." Charles said.

"Unfortunately, sir I couldn't go with you." Logan said.

"What? But you have to be. You have to be there for Chrysalis. And besides, you've met Regulus, you can introduce Chrysalis or Deborah to him."

"You've met Regulus, Travis?" Olivia asked.

"Yes. He was his trainer." Charles said, before eating his pudding.

"Really?" Christina asked with interest. "Wow!"

"He was young. I'm sure he couldn't remember me." Logan replied. "Anyway, I've already promise my uncle I would go visit him. He has some mental issues and he would be greatly upset if I wouldn't go." That sounded like a child making excuses.

"Well, we can't force him to go, dear. Family must always come first." Olivia said. 

"Very well. Since Travis couldn't go, you must behave yourself, Chrysalis. Please, give a good impression tomorrow."

"Yeah." Chrysalis replied, nervously.

"I am nervous about tomorrow, Travis." Charles said, helping himself with some good whiskey.

"All of us are." Logan added.

"This would be the first time Chrysalis would be out from the house. This would be the first time she would be formally introduce into the world." Charles sighed. "A lot of people knows I have an illegitimate child however, I am not ashamed of having Chrysalis."