Lesson 4

They were all in the dining hall, waiting for that one chair at the edge of the table. Logan was waiting too, although impatiently as he tried his best to show a smile while his stomach grumbled at the smell of roasted chicken with the thick gravy sauce.

What's taking this brat too long? Logan complained in his mind but his face was remaining to be calm and poise, a skill he has already mastered.

Embarrassed about their guest waiting, Mr. Sullivan signaled one of the maids to call Chrysalis upstairs.

 "I'm sorry about making you wait, Travis." Charles said. His wife at his right placed her hand gently on his shoulder.

"Please. Do not worry, Mr. Sullivan. I'm sure Ms. Chrysalis has a valid excuse for being late for dinner." He replied with a smile.

"We should really start without her." Christina said.

"We eat together, dear." Olivia softly told her daughter. Christina rolled her eyes in respond. Deborah, who was seating beside Logan, was just quiet the whole time.

A minute later, Chrysalis has come down and went to the table with her clothes in smudges of paint on it. She immediately sat down.

"You're late, again." Charles said.

"Better late than never." Chrysalis mumbled.

"We have a guest, Chrysalis."

Chrysalis looked at Logan with disinterest. "He's still here."

This brat. Logan gritted his teeth before he smiled at her.

"Yes and you're being disrespectful, young lady." Charles told her. Olivia held his husband again, trying to calm him down.

"Now, everyone's here. Let's all pray." Olivia said, offering a smile.

Logan held hands with Deborah and he also offered to hold Chrysalis hand but she didn't take it.

After prayer, they began to eat dinner. It was silent, Logan observed.

"I hope you like the dinner, Travis." Olivia broke the silence.

"It's magnificent, Olivia." Logan gave out  charming smile.

"The f*ck with that gentleman act." Chrysalis murmured but everyone in the table heard her.

"So rude and disrespectful." Christina shook her head.

"What a tiresome day!" a man exclaimed by the halls.

"Leonardo's here." Charles said to Logan.

"Leonardo?" Logan asked.

"Good evening, everyone." the man said as he undone his tie. He's a fine young man with raven black hair, with fine facial features with a well-groomed thin mustache on his upper lip. He was rather tall but there was something about him that looks comedic.

 Logan first impression of him was arrogance.

"And who's this?" he asked.

"Oh, Leo this is Travis Wellington. The new etiquette trainer." Charles introduced them with a smile. Leonardo looks at him with a nod and proceeds to seat beside Christina were they give each other a peck on the lips. 

"Etiquette trainer, huh. I see you're trying to waste time and money again." Leo said as he took the mash potato and help himself. 

"Well, we have to try." Olivia said.

"Of course. Hoping for some miracle, aren't we? We don't even know if this man is a fraud."  He said, pouring the gravy on his food.

"Leonardo-" Charles was about to say something but Logan intervened.

"I understand about your concern, sir. But, I assure you about my identity is nothing but true. Perhaps you want to join my lessons some time. You might learn a thing or two." Loan gave him a smile before helping himself with the mash potatoes. "These are exquisite, Olivia." 

"Thank you, Travis. Christina helped with the cooking ever since Jordan-our cook-left. I have to use my cooking skills again." Olivia chuckled.

"And I'm not even complaining. She's a good cook." Charles said, smiling at his wife. "Christina, has been practicing her cooking skills and she's doing great."

"Thank you very much. I'm glad you enjoyed our dinner tonight. I really worked hard for it unlike other people who's completely useless in the house." Christina said. At that moment, Chrysalis threw a mash potato with her spoon and it landed on Christina's cheek. Christina gasped and screamed. "Daddy!"

Chrysalis laughed at her reaction but Charles wasn't. He was in rage as he stood up and slammed his hand on the table. "Chrysalis, this is an intolerable behavior. You go back to your room this instant!"

"But it was just a joke." Chrysalis defended.

"Now!" 

Everyone in the room was quiet as Chrysalis stood up and slowly went up to her room. Charles sat down, tired as his wife calmed him down.

So much for a family dinner.

"You see how much work you have to do, Travis?" Charles asked.

Logan nodded. "Absolutely." This may not be as easy as I thought it would be.