Lesson 11

"Oh? What's this?" Chrysalis was surprised at the small table in the library with a rose pink silk fabric table cloth and a floral centerpiece on top of it.

"Today, we are going to have lunch." Logan said.

Chrysalis grinned and clapped her hands. "Now that is what I am talking about."

"But not just any other lunch. It'll be a fine dining."

This time, Chrysalis pouted. "Of course, it is."

"Yes. So, let's try to apply everything what you have learned last week."

"Try is a good term."

"Shall we begin?"

"It's not like I have any other choice, do I?" She sulked.

"That's correct."

She rolled her eyes. "Fine." She straightens up and went towards the table were Logan moved the chair for her.

"Thank you." She said, feeling a little silly but she liked the role playing though.

"Good. Now, let's pretend its a menu and you order something."Logan gave her a cardboard with only three food available: a salad, a sparkling wine and a soup.

"Hmm. I don't like this menu. It only have three courses. I want a big tender juicy steak please." Chrysalis said.

"Stick to the menu." Logan said.

She rolled her eyes. "I'd like to have a soup, a salad and some sparkling wine, thank you." She said to him. Logan gave her a nod then went to get the soup that was on the side. He placed the soup in front of her.

"Now, there are two spoons. Which one should you use for your soup?" She looked at the number of spoons and forks on her table. She took the spoon at the farther right side and placed it in her bowl of soup.

"Very good. Now, as you take your soup, scoop the soup outside direction and sip at the side of the spoon. " When she did it, she could see Logan gave a small smile. "Good."

"I couldn't really enjoy my soup this way."

"You're really not yet use to it but you will be."

"Who knew eating lunch would be this hard? Food is suppose to be enjoyed." She took another sip.

"Well, you can do both. Now, when you are done, place the spoon to the side of your plate."

Chrysalis did as she was told. Logan took the bowl of soup and place the salad in front of her. "When having your appetizer, take the fork at farthest side of your left. You can either use a knife while you eat your salad. Do not also lean your body towards the table. Do not place your elbow on top of the table."

"That's too much rules just to dine." She complained but she still did it.

"It's just etiquette."

"Does it really matter to men?"

"To some."

"Does it matter to you?"

Logan looked at her. She looked at him back, innocently. "Finish your salad."

"God, you are so boring." She rolled her eyes and continued to eat her salad. Logan looked at her and gave a small smile.

"When you are done dining, you stand up and thank everyone for the meal then you may leave."

Chrysalis gracefully stood up. "I didn't enjoy the food due to being proper but thank you for the meal." She smiled then walked away from the table. When she turned away, she caught Logan smiling. "Wow, you are really a normal person. You actually smiled."

He took the plate and the glass from the table. "I am a normal person. Your blatant nature just amuses me." He looked at her, smiling.

"Well-I I I have an amazing sense of humor mixed with sarcasm." She chuckled nervously. Why do I feel hot?

"Anyway, you did very well today. That's all for now. You can enjoy what you wish for the rest of the day."

"What are you going to do today?"

Logan thought. "Read a book? Relax by the gardens? Whatever comes in mind. Are you going to paint?"

"Yes. I have to finish a painting."

"I would like to see it."

"You're smiling so much it's really weird."

This time, Logan laughed. "What's that suppose to mean?"

"I don't know. I'm leaving." She immediately left. She went to her room, thinking about what just happened. What's up with him today? Why is he acting so weird? Why am I acting weird? Why is my face so hot right now? What is going on?!

He wanted to do his reading somewhere outside so he let himself roam around the garden. They have a beautiful garden-well trimmed shrubs, tall pine tress, green grass with some beautiful hardscape and those beautiful flowers of different kinds: daises, peonies, roses and hydrangeas. He saw the fountain at the far end and he went there. He sat on the bench and looked around the beautiful scenery, smell the scent of flowers through the air and smiled. It's a good day. He placed down the book and began to lie on the bench and close his eyes.

Chrysalis was about to use the color purple unto her canvas but she stopped and place the brush down. She wasn't feeling to paint it yet. She went to her window and looked outside and smiled at the afternoon glow. She loves afternoons.

She led herself towards the gardens, bringing with her her tools. She looked at blue sky with a smudge of yellow and orange sun's rays. It gave her some sort of adrenaline rush. Under some reason, it excited her. A feeling she loves to experience. She smelled the flowers and smiled. What a good day. She proceed towards the fountain area where she usually does her paintings, since it has the most flowers there and butterflies there-her favorite subjects to paint.

As she arrived at the fountain, she placed her tools immediately. Positioned her empty canvas as she sat on the cement when she saw Logan on the bench, sleeping. She starred at him for a moment before she gathered her things again, about to leave but stopped and turned to him once again. She slowly placed her tools on the ground and slowly, approached him.

He was using a book to lie his head on and his arms were crossing each other. She starred at him, examining his features. When he's sleeping, he actually looks gentle and -well, I'm going to give him this-handsome. I wonder why an attractive man like this would end up as a trainer. Where does he come from? What does his family look like? His other favorite hobbies? Past relationships perhaps?

She let her thoughts stopped first. What? When did I even started to care about this guy? She shook her head and gathered her tools before leaving the fountain. A few minute later, the man on the bench slowly opened his eyes. He dreamed of a butterfly flying around finally landed on his head. It was quite funny though and he let it stay there before it finally flew away. He got up and rubbed his eyes. He looked around the fountain before deciding to leave the place when he notice a oil paint tube lying on the ground. He picked it up and looked. She must be looking for this. He gave a small smile before he place the tube inside his pocket and left.