Lesson 24

You are selfish person!

You trick people!

You don't deserve anybody's love!

Marcus words were like bees, buzzing endlessly in his head that he couldn't get out. Oh how they sting so much in his heart.

He was in his tub, soaked in warm water as he was starring at the ceiling and just let Marcus' words repeat in his head over and over again. How true were those words? Am I an evil person who doesn't deserve to be treated kindly?

I really can't be love then?

The next morning, Chrysalis was surprised to see Deborah at their training area.

"Oh, uhm-are you going to join us with our lessons too?" Chrysalis stutterred. It's always awkward whenever she comes face to face with Deborah. She would rather have an arguement with Christina than to be in a room alone with Deborah.

Deborah answered with a nod and Chrysalis, almost how forgot how to breathe (waiting for her answer) finally exhaled.

"Well, it'll be fun since you're here. I mean, it's quite boring with only me and Travis."

"So, you don't like your lessons?"

"Oh no. No. I mean yes! Yes I-I enjoy my lessons." Oh my god. Am I sweating? It's really hard to have a conversation with her.

"Is everyone here?" Logan appeared with his usual disguise, a professional suit and tie-always presentable and clean. Chrysalis was just happy he finally arrived and loosen the awkward and tense atmosphere.

"Yes! Yes!" Chrysalis stood up and went to him. "I didn't know Deborah's joining us."

"I talked to Olivia just a few days ago and agreed with this weeks' lessons. I think it's time for you and Ms. Deborah to learn how to dance."

"Dance?" Chrysalis asked, oblivious of what's going on.

"Yes. If you are aware, we only have 10 more days till The Social and part of the event is a dance." He nodded at Deborah and signalled her to come to him.

Deborah approached Logan, already in her heels and with good posture. Chrysalis was intimidated by the beauty and gracefulness of her stepsister that she made herself look proper as she fixed her hair, smoothen her skirt and straighten her back.

"What are we learning today?" Chrysalis asked.

"Waltz."

Well, Chrysalis already know that Deborah is a talented person. She's beautiful-the most beautiful among Charles' daughter as a matter of fact- and intelligent and reserve. She's talented in the field of music because that's what she loves the most especially when she plays the violin. Although, Chrysalis and Deborah may be different in many ways, but there's one thing that they have in common-they are truly passionate in their arts and music.

Chrysalis adores Deborah secretly and most of the times she wished she have what Deborah had.

She watched her dancing gracefully although she made quite a few mistakes, forgetting some steps, Logan was being gentle and nice to her. Excusing her mistakes and encouraging her to continue the dance.

But nevertheless, Deborah was still graceful in any way. She was awed but jealous at the same time. Jealous that she can dance so gracefully and jealous that she was in the arms of Logan.

She watched them, she watched him looking at her and wonder if Sir Travis would like a lady like Deborah. It will be no wonder if he would and this made her sad.