Lesson 16

Chrysalis watched Logan walk around her room as he checks upon her work. She was mildly irritated but was nervous at the same time. He was quite in a bad mood ever since that morning which puzzled her. What did I do this time?

"So?" She asked yet he didn't gave her a reply. He continued to roam around, checks on the arrangement of the books, swipe the table with his finger and either nods in approval or  clicked his tongue in disappointment. "So what is it?" She asked again.

He looked at her finally when he stood by the windows, the afternoon glow illuminate his features which she gave her a race of heart and stunned at the beauty of the figure in front of her.

"I'll give it a 6/10." He said, his face unsmiling. "It's disappointing."

"Oh." She slowly replied, disappointed on herself. 

"You have wasted your time, Chrysalis. I gave you the whole morning to work and then you gave me this as a result? You wasted your time and you wasted my time as well."

"I'll do better."

He didn't gave her a reply again and instead walked passed her then slammed the door. She glared at this and decided to confront him.

"Hey!" She called out at him when he was heading downstairs. 

"Do you need anything?" He asked, his foul mood showed on his face this time.

She stomped her feet towards him, her eyes glaring and her brows were already meeting with each other. "Yeah! If you have some problem, do not throw it on me."

"What are you talking about?"

"You've been in a foul mood this morning. If you are dealing with something, then deal it yourself. Do not throw your rage to other people, you asshole!" She exhaled, keeping her raging eyes at him. 

She surprised him. She completely surprise him.  A moment ago, she looked nervous and was obviously hurt by his comment but now, here she was standing in front of him, glaring. She knew he had a foul mood since this morning and he's throwing it on her. 

Well, the reason was actually her. 

"Asshole?"

"Yeah. It's what people are called who are being annoyingly mean to others. People like you, Travis Wellington, for example. Well let me tell you, mister-" She poked a finger on his shoulder, I can take you down anytime." She stuck her tongue out,  went to her room and slammed the door.

He stood there, slightly feeling pain on his shoulder, stunned. She just called me an asshole-right to my face." The thought of it made him smirk and then he laughed. "She called me an asshole." He said to himself. The funny thing was, he was more of an asshole and she had little idea of who he actually is. 

At dinnertime, it seemed like Logan wasn't the only one who had a rough day. Charles shared that he was having one in which was actually everyday. The family talk about this which was any other day as well. Olivia and Christina were the ones doing the asking; Deborah was just listening; Leo wasn't present again; Chrysalis has been listening too although she glares at Logan when he looks at her.

 Logan got a hint that his business is failing fast and Charles doesn't understand the reason although, Logan does and yet, he can't mingle in their affairs. He simply can't because it is against his rules. But on the contrary, he's got to help him. Money is an issue after all. Losing the business means losing his salary as well.

He decided to let Charles have some hint.

"Charles?" 

Charles turned around to see the young man poking on the door way. "Is their something that you need?"