Lesson 23

There was nothing more horrible than the guest who arrived at their house on that Sunday morning.

"What are you doing here?" Charles stood up, both if his hands already turned to fist at the sight of him. "After what you have done and said to us, you still have the audacity to show your face in my house!" He slammed his hand on the table, making the ladies startled.

"Yes. I regret it. Really." Leo took off of his hat and bowed down. "I'm sorry we had our heated arguement that day and I admit that the envious side of me really clouded myself and my thoughts and I do not what I was thinking." Leo told the whole family during breakfast time. "I truly am sorry."

"Why'd you even come back?" Chrysalis asked with suspicion.

"Because I am sorry for my mistake. And of course, because of Christina. I missed her terribly. I couldn't sleep."

Olivia looked at Charles and calming him down. Seconds later, Christina came down from her room and jumped at the arms of Leo.

"You came back!"

"For you dear. For you."

Everyone in the room were terribly shocked. Even Deborah couldn't believe how her sister could be so naive.

"I knew he'd be back for me." Christina said, there were tears on her eyes and cheeks.

"Are you serious? After everything?" Chrysalis asked in complete disbelief.

"You are not in the position to speak to him or like that. You are not in the family." Christina said to her stepsister.

"Fine. Have it your way. But atleast,I am not a naive 23 yrs old lady who is being manipulated by this...this.. person!" Chrysalis stood up and left the table.

"She's acting as if she ever has the right to talk to me that way when she she's out of wedlock-"

"Enough, Christina." Charles' boomed and everyone went uneasingly quiet.

"I should just leave, Christina." Leo said, slowly turning around but of course, Christina stopped him.

"No. I called you so you stay."

Charles' couldn't believe what he just heard. "You called him?! Christina, have you lost your mind?!"

"Daddy, please. I love him and he makes me happy. Don't you want me to be happy?"

"Christina-"

"We are going to get married no matter what. He's going to stay here and if you don't approve then-I'll leave with him."

Olivia was already crying at the words of her daughter. "Please. Do not. We love you, Christina. You can't make her leave, Charles. They are not married."

Charles was torned between sending Leo away and not sending his daughter away. It pains him to have this position to choose. But he loves her and he doesn't want her to leave his eldest alone with this man. "Very well. I suppose he has to stay here."

Leo smiled and tried to shook Charles hand but he waved his hand away and left the table.

What a dreadful morning. Logan was what he could only say, watching the family.

"It was a pity." Logan said before drinking the scotch and felt the pleasure of the burn in his throat. He needed that after that drama that happened this morning. He needed to step away for a while because he's too involve with the family's affair and it's not good. So he took Marcus to a local pub. "That's incredibly good."

"Well, not for all. You only got 11 days till that matchmaking party and you're off." Marcus said, trying to atleast comfort Logan the best that he could. "You need to stick up to them a bit longer and you get your money."