Lesson 5

It was still 6 in the morning but Logan was already in front of the mirror, fixing himself to begin the day. Normally, he wouldn't wake up this early but the thought of proving himself to the Sullivan family motivated him to do so and of course the cash after that.

The house was quiet during the mornings-something that was not surprising. Logan helped himself around the house first, looking at portraits hanged on stone walls. He looked at the Sullivan family portrait which was obviously taken years ago. Charles is still quite young-there were no wrinkles around his eyes nor he was looking tired. His red hair was groomed and cut.

It was suppose to be a family portrait but how come Chrysalis isn't here? Logan asked. He continued to study the family-their features, their appearances that Logan concluded that she might not be from the family. A child from another woman perhaps?

"So far how's your night, Travis? Were you able to sleep well?" Olivia asked as they were all eating breakfast.

"Oh yes. Thank you." Logan smiled. He glanced at the empty chair at the edge of the table.

"Don't mind Chrysalis. We don't wait for her during breakfast. Normally, everyone's in a hurry." Christina said, noticing Logan's glances. She slightly brushed her legs on Logan, who was surprised.

"I won't be long for breakfast. Just coffee for me. We have a big meeting today at the company." Leonardo said as he sipped his black coffee.

"I'll be with Leo today. Coffee for me only." Charles followed as he took the newspaper and took a sip with his coffee. "Leo will have to take this big leap for us. If we get to convince these Chinese investors-we'll be living in a luxurious life." He said with a smile as he place his hand on Leo's shoulder.

Christina clapped at this news enthusiastically and Olivia kissed her husband. "That'll be good news but don't overwork yourself."

"I'm fine. Let's go!" Charles said as both of them left the house. A few seconds later, Deborah came in the dining area with a large cello suitcase.

"Deborah's been playing the cello for 3 years now." Olivia smiled proudly. Deborah, clearly blushing, remained quiet as she took a bite of her bread.

"That's interesting." Logan smiled.

"How about you, Travis? Do you play any instruments as well?" Christina asked, as she placed her chin on her hand while batting her eyes at him.

"Well, I play the piano , violin and a saxophone."

"Saxophone? Wow. That's impressive." Christina said, nodding.

"Where did you learn all of it?" Olivia asked.

"Classes and self-taught also." Logan answered with a smile.

"I want to hear you play sometime." Olivia said, delighted.

Logan nodded. "I'll gladly play one someday. Although my skills might be a bit rustic. I've not played it for a long time now." he said, as he slowly slice the loaf.

5 minutes prior to the lesson, Logan was heading towards the training room. He was led by Olivia just by the other wing of the house. He was led to their library.

"Well, here it is. We used the library as a training ground." Olivia shared.

"It's perfect." Logan calmly smiled.

Olivia was about to leave the room but she stopped and turn around. "Travis, I would like to tell you that do not expect she'll come to her lesson for your first day. Many trainers have complained that she never attend to her classes no matter how much they knock on her door. Nor pound even. You must have great patience with this young lady."

Logan nodded. "I will take note to that."

Olivia smiled. "I really pray we'll have good results from you. I really think that you'll change her."

"I'll do the best I can." He smiled at her.

"Delightful." She said before leaving the room.

Logan was left and he looked around the library. There were thousands of books that were arranged in the shelves according to their context: History, Arts, Music, Literature, English and any other academic anyone can reference on.

He looked at the grandfather's clock and it was time for the lessons. He exhaled first before fixing himself and be ready. Okay. Let's do this.

True to Olivia's words, no progress happened in the first day. He knocked on her room so many times, he lost count. He promised that he'll be gentle and kind with her but it seems like it's not going to happen anymore.

"It's to be expected actually." Charles said, looking over some paper works.

Logan was embarrassed by this that he didn't make any progress. It hurts him that his confidence was crushed by this. "I deeply apologize for this."

"Oh, don't be, Travis. It's always like that in the first day. You're not the first after all. In fact, it's all the same who came here before you. Confident and determined but once they met Chrysalis, it'll be crushed." He said nonchalantly.

Logan nodded at this. "How long does these trainers last, if I may ask."

"Usually, in a span of three days. One week was the longest. She attended the classes but, the trainer gave up because she was unbelievably rude and with no interest at all. Well, that was he said." Charles sighed. "The thing that hurt me was when he said Chrysalis will never find a suitable man. What will she be doing if I'm gone?"

Upon hearing this, Logan pitied Charles. He understood why he was desperate to do this. "If I am going to suggest something, would you agree to it?"

Charles looked at him, curiously. "What suggestions?"

"Well, I observed that your daughter has no manners and rude-very obvious. She doesn't care about anything and everything except for one thing and I bet this is a thing other trainers haven't done."

"I'm listening, Travis."

"What I am going to suggest maybe a bit ruthless and quite mean but I could bring her to her first lesson." He said.

"Well, if that means it could make any progress then I will agree."

"It's not going to be nice, sir."

"Let's hear it first."